Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The Focusing Blur

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Solens Rötter

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Jordpuls

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Damn difficult I'd say, because it depends on what that person listens to otherwise. I've tried to this a couple of times with different levels of success. And then I always choose either Ödemarkens Son or Cosmic Genesis - not only due to some very strong songs on both albums - but also because these 2 albums are the ones where I like Mr. V's vocals the most. They're sort of inbetween the old "darker and lower" vocal-style, but not so "high up" as it became on Visions...

Nevertheless, I will cast my vote on Cosmic Genesis, since it has (perhaps) a slightly more varied songwriting than ÖS.

Visions from the Spiral Generator, or Cosmic Genesis (I voted VftSG)

These albums have some very catchy songs, and some of in my opinion Mr. V.'s best vocal work. And I personally like the mix of English and Swedish songs, and hope this will return in future albums.

Solens, it has a very positive vibe, the music it's not really as harsh as the first albums, not that progressive as Visions of TFB. I guess it's a very balanced album with a very clean production that eases greatly the listening experience, especially for peopl getting into extreme metal.

I would love to say Ödemarkens Son because that is my personal favorite and it was my introduction to Vintersorg, but I will have to go with Cosmic Genesis because the songs are mostly in English and if I were to introduce somebody that I know to the band I would want to give them songs in a language they understand first.

Visions from the Spiral Generator, or Cosmic Genesis (I voted VftSG)

These albums have some very catchy songs, and some of in my opinion Mr. V.'s best vocal work. And I personally like the mix of English and Swedish songs, and hope this will return in future albums.

I too look forward to the return of mixed language albums!

I stopped buying Vintersorg records after the focusing blur, because I thought the mix language was cool and when Mr V stopped using mix languages I lost interest because the music seems empty if I don't know what Mr V is singing about. I hope he returns to the mix language format. If not I still plan on picking these cd's up but the enthusiasm has dropped a notch. I understand it is Mr V's decision just my 2 copper pieces.

I stopped buying Vintersorg records after the focusing blur, because I thought the mix language was cool and when Mr V stopped using mix languages I lost interest because the music seems empty if I don't know what Mr V is singing about. I hope he returns to the mix language format. If not I still plan on picking these cd's up but the enthusiasm has dropped a notch. I understand it is Mr V's decision just my 2 copper pieces.

So you don't listen nothing but CS, VFTSG and TFB.

I have all the V album except the last 2. I listen to the English songs more, but I still enjoy the Swedish songs just not as enthusiastic about them.

As a Swede, I certainly can understand this. Still, the sole reason I started listen to Vintersorg was the magical combination of a metal band actually singing (the stuff that I like lyric-wise) in Swedish with the whole epic/nature-concept. That's what I first liked when I heard ÖS for the first time. Then they released CG and I felt sort of betrayed - and even more so when VFTSG was released - because for me, the entire essence of Vintersorg is Hedniskhjärtad/Till Fjälls/Ödemarkens Son.
But today though, my two favourite V-records has to be CG and Jordpuls (and I dare say that "Orkan" will be even better) which is weird in a way. But even though I really like the entire progressive/crazy/avantarde-Vintersorg (VFTSG, TFB and to some extent SR) - that's not the band's essence nor origin. It is - together with Otyg - deeply rooted in the Scandinavian language and that's IMO how Vintersorg should sound. Even though I won't cry if they decide to do another TFB...

EDIT: Yes, this is yet another drunken ranting. But perhaps the most important drunken ranting I've done ;)

The album that got me into Vintersorg was Till Fjalls. I guess when the english songs came out they spoiled me because I enjoy Mr V's lyrical subjects very much. I played Cosmic Genesis a thousand times and got several of my friends into VIntersorg by that album. I am still a fan of Vintersorg, and by no means am I going to quit listening to him.

I'd say my favorite album is "Solens Rötter." I don't speak Swedish, so this album is even more special to me in that the emotional delivery of his vocal performances is powerful enough to transcend language barriers (not to sound pretentious or corny hahaha.)

A couple of my friends who hasn't been into any Vintersorg before seemed to quite like Solens Rötter.

By the way, everytime I see Solens Rötter i think about "The Suns Rats" (Solens Rotter).

The album that got me into Vintersorg was Till Fjalls. I guess when the english songs came out they spoiled me because I enjoy Mr V's lyrical subjects very much. I played Cosmic Genesis a thousand times and got several of my friends into VIntersorg by that album. I am still a fan of Vintersorg, and by no means am I going to quit listening to him.

Exactly the same here. I loved Till Fjalls at first listen, but it was only when I discovered Cosmic Genesis that I realized that Mr V had also a great and unique writing style, while dealing with interesting topics.
I enjoy the songs in both languages, but differently. It seems that it activates different parts of my brain, ahah. I think the Swedish language sounds more beautiful than English; though, I get extra-goosebumps when I directly understand the poetry of the lyrics.
I voted for Cosmic Genesis, for me it’s definitely the best place to start, and to understand Vintersorg's musical and poetical concept.

As a Swede, I certainly can understand this. Still, the sole reason I started listen to Vintersorg was the magical combination of a metal band actually singing (the stuff that I like lyric-wise) in Swedish with the whole epic/nature-concept. That's what I first liked when I heard ÖS for the first time. Then they released CG and I felt sort of betrayed - and even more so when VFTSG was released - because for me, the entire essence of Vintersorg is Hedniskhjärtad/Till Fjälls/Ödemarkens Son.
But today though, my two favourite V-records has to be CG and Jordpuls (and I dare say that "Orkan" will be even better) which is weird in a way. But even though I really like the entire progressive/crazy/avantarde-Vintersorg (VFTSG, TFB and to some extent SR) - that's not the band's essence nor origin. It is - together with Otyg - deeply rooted in the Scandinavian language and that's IMO how Vintersorg should sound. Even though I won't cry if they decide to do another TFB...

EDIT: Yes, this is yet another drunken ranting. But perhaps the most important drunken ranting I've done ;)

I'm actually writing a very long song that we'll play at the releaseparty in Feb...it's called "Resan mot tidens flod" and we don't have any intent to record it..it'll be just specially written for that occation. Just Mattias and I with acoustic guitars plus some extra soundscapes

mr V

I'm actually writing a very long song that we'll play at the releaseparty in Feb...it's called "Resan mot tidens flod" and we don't have any intent to record it..it'll be just specially written for that occation. Just Mattias and I with acoustic guitars plus some extra soundscapes

mr V

Seriously? Sounds great. That releaseparty better be at the end of feb, so it can be combined with House of Metal ;)

I enjoy the songs in both languages, but differently. It seems that it activates different parts of my brain, ahah. I think the Swedish language sounds more beautiful than English; though, I get extra-goosebumps when I directly understand the poetry of the lyrics.

Agreed. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Don't be lazy. Really. Here you have an excellent opportunity to learn a new language but noooo, you prefer the lyrics in English. Thanks to V my Swedish has improved a lot. Why? Because he writes poetry in pretty advanced Swedish, so reading a newspaper in Swedish after analysing V's lyrics is nothing. Really, it's so awesome that he actually WRITES in Swedish! I wish more bands would do that! I wish DT or Katatonia wrote lyrics in Swedish; that's be pure bliss. I think most of us want lyrics in Svenska. I know I do.

And just like Dinka wow, understanding V's lyrics is really something; you feel part of them.

mr V

Ohhhh my; this is really something. I hope somebody uploads it somewhere haha. The track title is brilliant too; very inspiring.