Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The Focusing Blur

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Solens Rötter

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Jordpuls

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
I'm actually writing a very long song that we'll play at the releaseparty in Feb...it's called "Resan mot tidens flod" and we don't have any intent to record it..it'll be just specially written for that occation. Just Mattias and I with acoustic guitars plus some extra soundscapes

mr V

Great. I'm sure the Swedes will love it.

Agreed. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Don't be lazy. Really. Here you have an excellent opportunity to learn a new language but noooo, you prefer the lyrics in English. Thanks to V my Swedish has improved a lot. Why? Because he writes poetry in pretty advanced Swedish, so reading a newspaper in Swedish after analysing V's lyrics is nothing. Really, it's so awesome that he actually WRITES in Swedish! I wish more bands would do that! I wish DT or Katatonia wrote lyrics in Swedish; that's be pure bliss. I think most of us want lyrics in Svenska. I know I do.

It's not always a matter of being lazy (well, in my case it is, heheheh), everyone doesn't have time and facility to learn foreign languages. Everyone isn't a linguist who can speak 7 or 8 languages, you know ;)
And considering that Mr V's lyrics in English are awesome too, I also hope for some V-songs in English in the future, even if Swedish remains the basic language.

Would be great if the show will be recorded! Then press the record button before you are drunk Draugen! Hehehe! ;-)

Get a good place to record and a tripod. That should work if you have some problems with your 5 senses after :p

If I lived in Swedish, I would pick a professional camera to record the whole thing, after all I guess that mr V won't dismiss a recording and even he can use it in a way or another. Guys, please record this.

About the lyrics, I've learned some swedish too thanx to mr V but I need to specially thank to Draugen and the guys who run the 'Nordens Skalder' site (mantis and johan - amf? I don't remember) for the translations, especially the Otyg ones that were the hardest to read/understand. Really, you made something very special that every V fan appreciate very very much (hey, get Jordpuls translated too! hehehe)

I actually knew about mr V via Otyg and I just liked the music and imagined the lyric subjects, the same when I got the first Vintersorg mcd until ÖS.

Cosmic Genesis was indeed special for the english lyrics but the subject was very different from the past albums too. Now I like the mix of nature and more scientific approach to it and I don't have any problem with the only swedish lyric, in fact mr V sounds better in swedish.

It's not always a matter of being lazy (well, in my case it is, heheheh), everyone doesn't have time and facility to learn foreign languages. Everyone isn't a linguist who can speak 7 or 8 languages, you know ;)
And considering that Mr V's lyrics in English are awesome too, I also hope for some V-songs in English in the future, even if Swedish remains the basic language.

See? You just proved my point haha. I think that if you've access to the Internet you can learn any language you want.

I need to invent a teleporter to go to Sverige; would KILL to go to that show.

I'm actually writing a very long song that we'll play at the releaseparty in Feb...it's called "Resan mot tidens flod" and we don't have any intent to record it..it'll be just specially written for that occation. Just Mattias and I with acoustic guitars plus some extra soundscapes

mr V

...Well, in that case I hope that some swedish buddy (or even you XD) could shoot a video of that release party, because it would be such a pity that we, who don't live in Sweden never get to know a special song as "Resan mot tidens flod" is said to be...

By the way, Happy birthday to you Mr. V.. my best wishes to you and I hope you keep rocking on many many years more!

Voted Cosmic Genesis. If you want an explanation, just read Draugen's input at the beginning of this thread.

mr V

You big tease :p

Agreed. I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Don't be lazy. Really. Here you have an excellent opportunity to learn a new language but noooo, you prefer the lyrics in English.

It could also be as simple as some not having an interest in learning languages.

It's quite a trip for me since I live so far south, but It'd really intresting though. Perhaps if someone else from the V-forum were to be there as well. Come on guys, let's try and make this happen! :loco:

We need a date and a precise location. Then the Viking hordes will invade!

It could also be as simple as some not having an interest in learning languages.

Or they just don't have interest in learning Swedish?:S I sure don't. Has nothing to do with me being lazy, I've been teaching myself Mandarin Chinese for over a year now. I love it, but it takes quite a bit of willpower still at times.

I didn't say 'Cosmic Genesis' was the most accessible just because of the English lyircs. It's just FANTASTIC. I'm certain that it would generally appeal to a wider variety of metal fans. I'm also sure though that, in the end, it varies from person to person, obviously. People who enjoy 'viking metal' and that kind of music already, will probably find albums like 'Till Fjälls' way more interesting from the get go. These people not knowing Swedish wouldn't have made much of a difference.