Most Anticipated releases left for 2017

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
So what are some of everyone's most anticipated releases for 2017?

These are some of the ones I'm looking forward to:

Daydream XI – The Circus of the Tattered And Torn
Every year Glenn pulls in a band that has the makings of a superstar. What's funny is Daydream XI was a replacement band and they have gone in my eyes from being a WTF to one of the more anticipated bands at this years ProgPower USA.

Savage Messiah - Hands of Fate
One of the biggest disappointments was missing Savage Messiah last year. Hoping for a return in 2018 on the heals of their new release.

Power Quest – Sixth Dimension
Another ProgPower USA band that has an upcoming release. I am stoked for this after getting the Face The Raven EP. One of the strongest comebacks in recent memory.

Nocturnal Rites – Phoenix
I really like Grand Illusion and this one promises to be a great disc based on tracks I've heard already

Niviane – The Druid King
From none than our own ProgPower USA friend Norm Skinner band, this should appeal to the Power Metal fan in all of us.

My Soliloquy – Engines of Gravity
New release from UK Prog Metaler's, this was produced by ex Threshold guitarist Pete Morten

Jag Panzer – The Deviant Chord
Mechanized Warfare was a brilliant release so in my mind all albums will be judged by that. The track Far Beyond All Fear continues in similar fashion.

FireForce – Annihilate The Evil (New release on Limb Music)

Serenity – Lionheart
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/serenity-to-release-lionheart-album-in-october/

Sleeping Romance – Alba

Evil Invaders – In For The Kill
Love some speed metal every now and then. This rips

Within Silence Return From The shadows

Angel Nation - Aeon

The Contortionist and Anubis Gate are my two most anticipated currently. The new Daydream XI should be something very nice as well.

I know I'm missing some. I've had a harder time keeping track this year for some reason.

The release I'm looking forward to the most is the new Threshold album. I'm interested in seeing how they sound with their new singer.

The release I'm looking forward to the most is the new Threshold album. I'm interested in seeing how they sound with their new singer.

I like the song that Nuclear Blast has released.

Another one that I can't believe we forgot about is the new release from Vuur. Dont even get me started about missing Anneke's performance with The Gentle Storm last year, I'm still sulking over that one. I just wish that they were touring the USA with Epica and Myrath and not just Europe.

The other one I'm really looking forward is the new Epica EP The Solace System. The Holographic Principle was my #1 favorite release in 2016 so can't wait to hear this. .

Ne Obliviscaris
Caligula's Horse
The Contortionist
Between the Buried and Me
Enslaved
Daniel Cavanagh

Last edited:
Definitely like some of the ones already mentioned.

Here are some not yet mentioned:
  • Steven Wilson - To The Bone
  • Serious Black - Magic
  • Black Country Communion - BCCIV
  • Ronnie Montrose - 10x10
  • Sons Of Apollo - Psychotic Symphony
  • Kansas - Leftoverture Live & Beyond

I'm digging the new song from ex Nightwish vocalist Anette Olzon new band The Dark Element. It's coming out on Frontier Music November 10th.

Here's a link to the new tune from Jeff Scott Soto called Breakout

How does Daydream XI's new disc compare to the debut? I listened to the debut again the other day and it left me underwhelmed. The new one is sitting here but I have had the inspiration to spin it yet

Really liking this new tune from Beast In Black. Debut cd is out in early November.

Also like the new Sleeping Romance. Alba is also out November 3rd.

Last edited:
I really like that Beast in Black tune, but I need to hear something else from them before I make my mind up.

I am really looking forward to checking out the new Threshold and Nocturnal Rites.

Everything we've talked about here that I've picked up in the interim has delivered in a big way. Anubis Gate, Daydream XI, Caligula's Horse, The Contortionist are all stunning in their own ways. 2017 continues to be a great year for metal for me.

Actually, overall, it's just been a pretty great year in general.