Looking Ahead to 2013...Most Anticipated New Albums?

How the heck can I forget about OMEN?
Well, I guess since it's been on the "Out next year" list for the past 3 years, it's easy to forget!
Hopefully it will see the light of day.

I forgot about SANCTUARY as well.

I hadn't heard anything about a new FATES WARNING. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Ashes of Ares probably has me the most excited, if the previews are any indication it's going to be a bombshell. Also, Lord's new album, whenever they actually get around to releasing it! Other than that, the only other forthcoming albums I can think of are Mors Principium Est and City of Fire.

Stuff I'm looking forward to:

Edenbridge
Helloweeen - Straight out of Hell
Control Denied - if they ever get it done I hope it sees the light of day.
Cathedral - The Last Spire - the last ever Cathedral album
Sacred Steel - The Bloodshed Summoning. I think I'm their only fan in the whole world!
Stratovarius - Nemesis
Saxon - Sacrifice - Hope its better than the last album which I didn't like at all.
Dark Moor
Powerwolf - my fave band ever in power metal I think, well it's close with Lost Horizon. Anyway I know it's impossible to be disappointed.
Volbeat
Turisas
Tyr

This is just wishful/hopeful thinking, but I would love to have releases from:

Souljouners - Last Album:

Dead Air Radio- Last Album:
https://www.facebook.com/deadairradio/app_182222305144028

Darkwater- Last Album:

Cea Serin- Last Album:

Tomorrow's Eve- Last Album:

Arcane- Last Album:

Cirrha Niva - Last Album
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaNwp6BbM-s&playnext=1&list=PLC3203E184721513D&feature=results_main[/ame]

Prymary - Last Album

OK, while I am really dreaming why not:

Stride - Last Album

Last edited by a moderator:
Sacred Steel - The Bloodshed Summoning. I think I'm their only fan in the whole world!

Huh, I thought I was that guy. Good to know there are two of us. :kickass:

Granted, the last album I have is Iron Blessings.... I need to catch up.

Ashes to Ares
Aska
Circle II Circle
Helloween
Tellus Requiem
Dragonsclaw (would love to see them @ PP!)
Saxon
Iced Earth Live in Cyprus CD/DVD
Judas Priest

Voivod, Kvelertak, Carcass, Sanctuary, Alice In Chains, Dark Tranquillity, Asking Alexandria, Ke$ha, Dillinger Escape Plan, Killswitch Engage, Periphery, Wintersun, Cult Of Luna, Fen, Defeated Sanity, Voyager, Amorphis, Hypocrisy, Freak Kitchen, Ayreon, Portal, Magrudergrind, Impaled, God Of Atheists, Tesseract, Summoning, Suffocation, From Ashes Rise, Hatebreed, Ancient VVisdom, Intronaut, Queens Of The Stone Age, Tool, NIN, Tegan & Sara, Mew, Paramore, MGMT, Sikth, Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus, Lower Than Atlantis, My Bloody Valentine, Extol, Coffins, Omnium Gatherum, KMFDM, Rotting Christ, The Amenta, Clutch, Hacride, Kalmah, Devin Townsend, Devourment, Cynic, !T.O.O.H.!

Dream Theater (cool to see MM as a writing member)
Seventh Wonder
Pain of Salvation (while I like the 70's sound, looking to them sounding very different on the new one)
Riverside
Serenity
Amaranthe
Soilwork
Taking Dawn

Forgot to add Instanzia's Spinning Maze. The debut Ghost was a phenomenal start so they've got a lot to live up to.

Instanzia's coming out with another album? I can't wait to hear that. Ghost WAS a phenomenal start, and I'd love to see them at ProgPower.

Gotta say, I'm pretty psyched to hear the debut album from Ashes of Ares.

Pretty much every band mentioned here, I'd listen to the new stuff. I've never heard of W.E.T. before, though. Need to look that up...