Most anticipated albums of 2007

It doesn't?

No. :|

:OMG: you are soooooo wrong!!!

You're fucking dumb. "Old School," as opposed to "New School," refers to an older, traditional type of sound. The "Old School" Death Metal sound, while created over a decade and a half ago, is not obsolete, because some of the bands who created that sound still (arguably) play in that style, and newer bands continue the "Old School" tradition, while not being in their mid 30s...see Repugnant, Nominon, Tribulation, Necrovation, Necroccultus, Karnarium, Slugathor, etc.

I have no idea. It may be pushed back due to the fact that their guitarist got caught molesting children.

Oh, it will be released in 2007, for sure. The guitarist in question was just a live guitarist, and was never involved in the songwriting process - Matt is the mastermind behind all of the songs. Matt has stated several times on the Decrepit Birth forum that he's got most of the songs finished already, and that the record will be released some time this year.

Also, don't expect an "... And Time Begins" part II - they've strayed away from the standard brutal DM path, and are much more progressive and a LOT more melodic now than ever before, mainly due to the fact that Matt's a bit tired of standard brutal DM these days. Just listen to the three new songs he uploaded last year, and you'll get a good picture of Decrepit Birtha anno 2006/2007.

As for my anticipated albums of 2007:

Ofermod - Pentagrammaton
Defeated Sanity - Psalms Of The Moribund
Despondency
Angel Corpse
Blood Red Throne
Disavowed
Ulcerate
Visceral Bleeding
Mayhem (not that I think it'll actually be good, but hey)
Dimmu Borgir
Origin (?)
Immolation
Behemoth
Odious Mortem
Dying Fetus
Finntroll
Moonsorrow
Dødheimsgard
Equilibrium

Oh, it will be released in 2007, for sure. The guitarist in question was just a live guitarist, and was never involved in the songwriting process - Matt is the mastermind behind all of the songs. Matt has stated several times on the Decrepit Birth forum that he's got most of the songs finished already, and that the record will be released some time this year.
This made me smile.

Also, don't expect an "... And Time Begins" part II - they've strayed away from the standard brutal DM path, and are much more progressive and a LOT more melodic now than ever before, mainly due to the fact that Matt's a bit tired of standard brutal DM these days. Just listen to the three new songs he uploaded last year, and you'll get a good picture of Decrepit Birtha anno 2006/2007.
This made me frown.

Defeated Sanity - Psalms Of The Moribund
Despondency
But this made me cheer up again

This made me frown.

Yeah. I'm not too keen on the new direction DB has taken, but although the new songs aren't my cup of tea (yet - they may grow on me), they definitely sound very special - some people are already hyping this to be one of the best DM records of all time. Do a search for "Through Alchemy Bound Eternal" on the Decrepit Birth forum, and you'll probably find a couple of links to the new songs, if you want to check them out.

:cry:

Oldschool is a time so it would make more sense to apply retrospective to certain things.

Why? Because I proved Dodens wrong? Grow some balls and maybe you can get me "outta here".

When was this? You think because I told you to shut the fuck up that meant that I was conceding my point? You're just taking the "anything" part of my statement far too literally, when I think my point was very clear. "Old School" is a frame of mind in relation to an era, usually meant to follow a tradition. I've already given examples of new bands following an "Old School" tradition.

Hey anyone remember that guy with the oneman death metal band Bloodsoaked? Well he got signed and Comatose Music is releasing his album. Congrats to him

I bet Comatose saw the comment I left him on his thread in self-promotion and that's why they signed him.

Seriously though, good luck to him, he has a good project going.