Most anticipated albums of 2007

it was fine, but it was stagnation, if not regression, whereas "I" seemed to point to a new, bright future for the band that apparantely they decided against exploring... some of the stuff in "I" was verging on power-noise, while some of the soloing seemed to be going in an amazing new direction that i didn't think Thordendahl had in him... more random and sweeping than ever before... but catch 33 was right back to the "bah-dun-bah---dunnn---bah-bah-dun-bah" up-and-down stuff. it's cool, but it's been done.

At 8:44 sec. in of the song I, I always found to sound a lot like the intro to the Rush song YYZ. But still an amazing riff.

Countess - Ancient Lies And Battlecries
Stygian Shore
Redrum - Power Corrupts
Blood Ceremony

I enjoyed Catch 33 quite a bit though, despite it being inferior to past works.

I love Catch 33 more than any other album from Meshuggah, I seem to be in the minority of the people who actually love their new approach.

Can't wait for new Destroyer 666 even though I was severely disapointed by their last album, new Opeth, new Megadeth, new Entombed, and more importantly, new Immortal.

Hmm I don't think that the new defeated sanity is out yet. also I'd like to add Condemned to my list and I'm not sure if decrepit birth is coming out with an album this year but i hope they do. And if Watain is releasing another album I'll add them to my list too!

Oh ya and destroyer 666 and origin as well how could i forget!

it will be nothing vaguely approaching "I", cos "I" was one of the most amazing works of conceptual art i've ever witnessed, and was by a long long long shot the best thing Meshuggah has ever done and, judging by the last album, will ever do.

sucks. :(

I'm gonna try to be optimistic. Meshuggah are a constantly evolving band. Catch 33 was a great release, it's not like they released a shit album.

Morbid Angel and Nile
I'm anticipating Morbid Angel the most because they may have a great album or may be average, who knows with David Vincent's return but I'm hoping for a breakthrough album.