Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
2007 has flown by like the lightning that flashes through the skies, time goes faster and faster every year it seems. Below is a list of confirmed albums coming out for 2008, and let me tell you 2008 is going to be heavy as fuck. Feel free to add what your most anticipated releases are for 2008.:kickass:

Metallica
Opeth
Children Of Bodom
Testament
Exodus
Old Mans Child
Haggard
Asmegin
Satyricon
Thorns
Judas Priest
Kalmah
Bloodbath
Myrkskog
Blind Guardian
Norther
Heaven and Hell
Diabolical Masquerade?
Wintersun-Time
Guns N Roses?
Venom
Adorned Brood
Deicide-Till death do us part
Morbid Angel?
Krisiun
Borknagar
Gorgoroth
Abigail Williams
Savage Circus
Orphaned Land
etc...................

AYREON
Orphaned Land
Children of Bodom
Metallica

I think I heard something about a new Testament album with Skolnick. That would be pretty cool if it happens. Never heard of a new Morbid Angel possibility, but it would be cool. I love their later material but I wasn't big on Heretic.

Well I was wondering if there was some master-list he was referring to. If I recall there was one for this year that turned up about this time last year.

These are of interest to me. What's your source for confirmed 2008 releasings?

Satyr has stated there will be a new Satyricon album for Fall of next year, along with the long delayed Thorns album.

Myrkskog are now finished touring with Zyklon and Emperor, they have their demos completed and looking for studio time according to inside sources.

Mr V has stated Borknagar is his next project on his schedule, and next year will be the release for a new one.

Gorgoroths Infernus has stated the new Gorgoroth album title, and says he is half way done writing the next album. Infernus stated he plans on erasing Ghaal era Gorgoroth completely, but Im sure the court battles will delay all of this.

Also I started this same thread last year too.:headbang:

Pain of Salvation hopefully :D Judging on the clues in Enter Rain it should be a 2008 album.

Agalloch - The White EP

Metallica because I want to see them yet further flail to keep above water.
They're just a joke nowadays.

Testament
Exodus
Judas Priest (Even thought it'll probably be awful)
Guns N Roses (Again, though it'll probably be awful)
Venom
Deicide-Till death do us part
Gorgoroth

Opeth - Whatever they put out
Agalloch - The White EP
Wintersun - Time - Been waiting for this too long...
Anything new by Cult Of Luna, Red Sparowes or any other similar bands would be interesting too...

Mr V has stated Borknagar is his next project on his schedule, and next year will be the release for a new one.

That bastard. Further proof he's taken over the band's musical direction. It's no longer a band that he's in, it's his project.

Regardless, Oystein did say the new album would be darker than previous, which isn't hard to do, considering their return to metal after the acoustic album. But I doubt they can recapture the glory of the Garm/Vortex eras.

Notable omission: new Augury
Also new Anathema

I'm dying to hear new Bloodbath, Wintersun and Orphaned Land.

Is the new Woods of Ypres out this year or next year?

You can also expect new Mourning Beloveth, Meshuggah, Testament, Deeds of Flesh, Diablo Swing Orchestra, Belphegor, Hollenthon, Necrophagist, Korpiklaani etc....

Looks like a kickass year!

Good thread, keep it up...always in the market to look out for excellent releases coming soon...I'll eventually make a Metal 2008 thread and sticky it, so save your lists posted here and post them there.

Good thread, keep it up...always in the market to look out for excellent releases coming soon...I'll eventually make a Metal 2008 thread and sticky it, so save your lists posted here and post them there.

Excellent. Make sure you leave the Metal 2007 thread up for a while after New Year's for anyone who needs to catch up.