Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

For fans of Dead Can Dance, Brendan Perry is releasing his next solo album this year. He did one other after DCD "Eye of the hunter" which I thought was quite good. He hasn't done anywhere near as much as Lisa Gerrard has done post DCD but nevertheless he has been working on it for a few years now so hopefully it lives up.

I really really love ''Spleen & Ideal'' and ''Within the Realm of a Dying sun'', but i'm not a fan of the rest of DCD's catalogue, except for some stuff from ''Aion''. Now i'm going to check out that Brendan Perry album to see what i think.

I really really love ''Spleen & Ideal'' and ''Within the Realm of a Dying sun'', but i'm not a fan of the rest of DCD's catalogue, except for some stuff from ''Aion''. Now i'm going to check out that Brendan Perry album to see what i think.

Yeah definitely check it out. I love all DCD after their first. The first album has some really good moments and shows lot of potential that at its time is yet to be tapped. Kind of the same feeling I get with Pablo Honey. I love Perrys voice and hes a great songwriter imo. Eye of the hunter is pretty good but doesn't quite match the standard they set with DCD, but definitely worth listening to. Lisa Gerrard has done some awesome stuff as well post DCD. Her work on the Gladiator soundtrack with Hans Zimmer is fantastic.

SIGH is preparing their 8th full-length album that will be entitled: "Scenes from Hell / Tempore Belli / Vanitas." Sigh will work with a real string quartet and some brass players this time. This is going to be a very furious and grandiose album -- MIRAI."

The new album is scheduled for release this fall on THE END RECORDS to coincide with SIGH's headlining tour of North America with ZIMMERS HOLE and UNEXPECT. The tour dates are:

SIGH on tour:
(w/ ZIMMERS HOLE and UNEXPECT)
09/06/08 Sat @ Jumping Turtle - San Marcos, CA
09/07/08 Sun @ Chain Reaction - Anaheim, CA
09/08/08 Mon @ Knitting Factory - Hollywood, CA
09/09/08 Tue @ The Clubhouse - Tempe, AZ
09/10/08 Wed @ Launch Pad - Alburquerque, NM
09/11/08 Thu @ Ridglea Theater - FT. Worth, TX
09/12/08 Fri @ White Rabbit - San Antonio, TX
09/13/08 Sat @ Meridian - Houston, TX
09/14/08 Sun @ The Muse - Nashville, TN
09/15/08 Mon @ Jaxx - West Springfield, VA
09/16/08 Tue @ B.B. Kings Blues Club - New York City, NY
09/17/08 Wed @ FouFounes - Montreal, QC
09/18/08 Thu @ Jubilee Centre - Sudbury, ON
09/19/08 Fri @ Wreck Room - Toronto, ON
09/20/08 Sat @ Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
09/21/08 Sun @ The Pearl Room - Mokena, IL
09/22/08 Mon @ Station 4 - St. Paul, MN

In an update from the band, singer MIRAI KAWASHIMA says: "We’ve just completed the recording of six songs for our tribute to VENOM at Earth Studios. There are some guest appearances being planned for the album. We will keep you posted on that. This release will be the studio debut for Mikannibal (vocals/sax) with SIGH.

Sigh's Tribute to Venom
Tracklisting:

Black Metal
Schizo
Die Hard
Countess Bathory
Teacher's Pet
Witching Hour

Recording Line-up:
Mirai Kawashima: Bass, Organ, Backing Vocals
Satoshi Fujinami: Drums, Guitar
Shinichi Ishikawa: Guitar
Junichi Harashima: Drums
Dr. Mikannibal: Vocals

Opeth
Metallica
IN Flames (Still Hoping)
Morbid Angel (David on Vocals!)
CHildren Of Bodom
Meshuggah
Ac/Dc
Bloodbath
Katatonia
Kreator
Muse
Testament
Kataklysm
Quo Vadis

So Far, So GOOD! COB sucked! In FLames surprised me, Bloodbath are in hardwork mode with 3 release this year. The new Testament was amazing. I was a bit upset by the new Kataklysm, Meshuggah is in my top 5. Well 2008 is a good Year so far.

Cant wait for a release date of the new Morbid Angel!!!!Cant wait for muse too but probably be in 09. AC/DC in september...It can be good!

Yeah, Muse has been doing a lot of festivals and unfortunately, we might have to wait for 09.....
I guess that's what happens when you decide to take things into your own hands.
And yes, COB is declining tremendously.