Most Anticipated Releases for 2008

Enslaved hasn't released anything worth a crap in 14 years, why should they start now?

This is off topic, but what exactly is so enthralling about Vikingligr Veldi? Sure, I enjoy it from time to time, but every song is just a couple of (mostly simple) riffs repeated over and over and over and over again. It's almost mind-numbingly repetitive most of the time.

I love Vikingligr Veldi, of their earlier albums it's my favorite. It's not the most complex album at all, and it is fairly simple at times your right, though i find it quite enthralling and almost hypnotic at times. Not one of my favorite BM albums, but a quality album non the less, I enjoy cracking it out every now and then, although I do prefer their later stuff. Isa and Runn specifically are some of the best metal albums period imo. As for them not releasing anything worth a crap, there are alot of worse BM bands than Enslaved. Personally I don't think they have made a bad album, some good and some great. But its a matter of opinion, I've got alot out of their work.

Enslaved and Opeth are probably among only 2 or 3 other metal bands in my top 100, my point being they're quite good

According to Teh Black Prince's philosophy, the earlier you release a metal album, the most feral and nihilistic you are. So that's why the 1st albums are always the c00lest!!!12

For fans of Dead Can Dance, Brendan Perry is releasing his next solo album this year. He did one other after DCD "Eye of the hunter" which I thought was quite good. He hasn't done anywhere near as much as Lisa Gerrard has done post DCD but nevertheless he has been working on it for a few years now so hopefully it lives up.