Most brutal amp of all time? 2203+Tubescreamer!

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
there are lots of modern tight and brutal amps out there......but only one amp that has got the hair and "squishyness" of the 2203: the 2203!

it doesn't deliver teh bRo0thulz????? fuck yes it does!

here's a wee clip, EMG 81->od820->JMP2203->1960DM

Mics were 1 sm57 and an md421 (about 12dB lower in the mix)

Settings:
TS:
drive: 12:00
tone: 10:30
level: 3:00

2203:
pres: 5.5
bass: 6.3
mid: 4
treb: 5
Master: 3
pre-gain: 9.5

the clip's devided as follows:
single string open->single string harmony->4th open->4th muted->riff

this is fucking brootiful

if you wanna program drums, the tempo is 190BPM

damn, I love those palm mutes in the middle....SQUISHYNESS! (also the thrashy chord in the very end sounds quite nice IMO)

crazy...I really dont like it. Do you have an example in a full mix?

But however, thank you for doing all those cool clips and comparisons :).

Bro...U looking for this??

DSC00253.JPG

PMG!!!! Pure Marshall Goodness is one of my favorite things. Like you noted - nice and Squishy! Thanks for the sample Lasse.

Are you sure it's 190 bpm ? My tap tempo tells me it's around this but I can't synchronise a click track with it, I'm feeling stupid in front of this, can you check it ?

EDIT : no it's fine finally.

I don't like it much at all, no offense or anything. Seems there's not enough pick attack and its muffled and fizzy. Maybe too much gain?!?

I thought the same at first but as I was programming drums and listening to it a hundred times, it grew on me. I hear potential for some types of sound you can be after. It's not a desert island amp for sure; though.

I thought the same at first but as I was programming drums and listening to it a hundred times, it grew on me. I hear potential for some types of sound you can be after. It's not a desert island amp for sure; though.

Do you have a link to your method of programming the drums? I'm using iDrum which is a serious pain in the dick and I know you guys have a different way of doing it.

Do you have a link to your method of programming the drums? I'm using iDrum which is a serious pain in the dick and I know you guys have a different way of doing it.

I program in Guitar Pro 5, export the drums midi, import in my daw, clean the useless midi events hidden in the beginning of the file, and put a drums vsti in insert.

here i just created an empty midi item in my daw (reaper), and programmed it in the midi editor by creating a note anywhere i want a hit to be.