Most brutal amp of all time? 2203+Tubescreamer!

I really dont get all the Marshall hate in the world. My fave amp of all time is a 78 JMP 2203 that my buddy owns. its pre "JCM 800" lingo, but basically the same amp.

The thing has bt00tz for days!

I love the fucking thing. I wish I could afford one :(

I really dont get all the Marshall hate in the world. My fave amp of all time is a 78 JMP 2203 that my buddy owns. its pre "JCM 800" lingo, but basically the same amp.

The thing has bt00tz for days!

I love the fucking thing. I wish I could afford one :(

I don't think the Marshall hate is for Marshalls in general, I think it's more to do with people having experiences with their lesser amps, the TSL series, the JCM 600 and some of the shitty sounding amps in the JCM 900 range.
Pretty sure basically everyone loves the JCM 800.
The 2203, 2204 and 2205 and 2010 all seem to sound great to me.

Not digging the clip, loving Marshall tones most of the time. I guess I'll really have to hear it in the full mix.

Yeah same. The tone I used to get with the 2204 sounded COMPLETELY different than this one. I always go for the stereotypical 80 tone. Been waiting to find a usable jcm800 amp sim for a while. I tried out the pod HD and I liked what I heard, I thought they did a good job of getting close to the tone I like. Very interested in hearing the Axe FX 800.

It sounds alright guess, no offense Lasse but I've heard the same setup sound much better. Yes it is the amp to end all amps, but I'm still a sucker for old school BM (think Mayhem on De Mysteriis, LP->TS->JMP madness!) rather than the brootz. That's better left to beastly solid states like that VH-140C up above ( or other death metal staples like JCM900 4100, Valvestate 8100...all of 'em with ss pre's)

understand where your coming from I think the 2203 (el34) are unbeatable on slower stuff (Sabbath etc) but for faster stuff the 6l6c type tone of a peavey is just awesome, I've been running the Blackstar up against the JCM800 and prefer the Blackstar (on British setting)

also for soloing I think the 2203 is awesome