Most Dedicated to Metal, 2008

Who is the most dedicated to metal in 2008?

• Dodens Grav

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • genocide roach

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Malign Paradigm

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • no country for old wainds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • V.V.V.V.V.

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
Dodens, because out of all the people listed in the poll, he clearly has the widest general knowledge of all different types of metal, especially the classics and obscure gems.

Dodens is obviously the most dedicated all-around metal fan.

MalignParidigm seems to know the most about death and black metal on this board, though. I'm only aware of one person that knows more about death metal than he does (but the guy I'm referring to literally listens strictly to death metal and despises black metal).

Dude, I think NCFOW is up there. He may not have the knowledge of Doden's (or maybe he does) but I feel like he is more real about metal & music in general. Doden's is more of a hobbyist, it seems.

:zombie:?

:lol:

:lol: right back at ya.

I feel something almost "not real" about Dodens' when it comes down to music. Sure, from what I see he listens to the most obscure shit, but I honestly do not think that classifies someone as being "the most metal". People like that have hidden agendas as to the point of their listening to music; therefore he seems to me like more a hobbyist who is just more serious about it than most hobbyists.

:lol: Whatever man, you have no idea how far off you are. I'm not going to sit here and try to defend myself, but this ain't a fucking hobby.

I like to think of myself as being more metal than all you pussies put together, but...

voted for dodens because as far as I can tell he doesn't actually have a life outside of metal.

I voted for Dodens mainly for his knowledge of metal. But something tells me that despite his appearance, he isn't a straight up "metalhead." However I do think he, along with Malign would never stray away or disown metal like some others.

Did that even make sense?

Dude, I think NCFOW is up there. He may not have the knowledge of Doden's (or maybe he does) but I feel like he is more real about metal & music in general. Doden's is more of a hobbyist, it seems.

lol even i don't agree with this. dodens knows his shit far more than i do and i suspect he's more 'dedicated' as well although i'm not entirely sure what that constitutes. also david knows more about extreme metal and VVVVV knows infinitely more new stuff, although i like to think i'm among the most well-rounded knowledge-wise.

appreciate the nomination anyway ;) i do love my metal

edit: also let me take this opportunity to say haha at originally being nominated for the newcomer award

first screen name was guardian of darkness, been here since '02. i've had about 50 different ones since then though, the admin doesn't like me very much :/