Best Taste in Music, 2008

Who has the best taste in music in 2008?

• Belligerent

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Dodens Grav

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • King Richard

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • The Ozzman

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Thoth-Amon

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
I voted Ozzman. He likes some good stuff that people reject for stupid reasons.

Well, I'm not too sure about death metal, but I know you talked a lot about black metal; at least from what I saw. I also know you talked about a little bit of stuff that I had never heard of in some metal discussions. I don't know if it was metal or not, but it wouldn't make much sense for you to talk about non-metal in metal discussions; at least not the way those discussions were tailored.

About 3-4 months ago I used to post in the non-metal board a little bit. I barely ever looked over here in GM. I wouldn't post there a whole lot, but I would skim over that board everyday. I don't believe I ever saw you over there.

I post about black metal and some other metal stuff a lot, but I also post about non-metal in this board all the time, because I don't care to go to another less active section to do it. Like I said earlier, you probably just didn't pay much attention to my posts if you've missed it. I'm pretty sure lots of other people noticed.

I don't dislike Iron Maiden. And not having heard the first two Deicide albums (which Dodens claims are the only good ones), I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I thought The Stench of Redemption was great, but besides that the S/T & Legion are the only other ones I really like.

Just hit us with a -brief- list of stuff you're really into. I do consider myself a regular, but I don't get to know everyone's taste really good, I guess.

ok...
some metal bands i like would include:
slayer, nokturnal mortum, graveland, deicide, dimmu borgir, bathory, burzum, destruction, candlemass, behemoth, reverend bizarre, darkthrone, death, morbid angel, temnozor, drudkh, iron maiden, judas priest, black sabbath, type o negative, etc. etc.

some non-metal bands i like:
the cure, led zeppelin, rush, pink floyd, alice in chains, the beatles, dead can dance, christian death, peter gabriel, sisters of mercy, prince, springsteen, depeche mode, guns n' roses, etc. etc.

i also like some jazz, international, funk:
miles davis, dave brubeck, john coltrane, mahavishnu orchestra, nusrate fateh ali khan, ravi shankar, etc. etc.

and of course i love classical:
stravinsky, mussorgsky, beethoven, bartok, penderecki, part, bach, mozart, chopin, puccini, schubert, mahler, wagner, etc. etc.