Best Taste in Music, 2008

Who has the best taste in music in 2008?

• Belligerent

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Dodens Grav

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • King Richard

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • The Ozzman

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Thoth-Amon

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
wait... Dodens likes Deicide also... so basically you voted for him because you dislike one band I like even though he thinks one band you like (Dimmu) is shit and I like them also.

OK... :erk:

Voting against someone just because they like one or two stigmatised bands is gay as all hell.

It was a joke tbh. The truth is that there is not a single band that Dodens likes that I dislike. Given the examples, I can't say the same for Thoth-Amon.

Your chickenshit attempt to make a condescending post was hilarious, by the way.

Your retort was no better. Besides, if you recall you disrespected me & my taste in music. I think you're very immature, & I'm not the only person here who thinks that tbh. I don't come on here claiming to be a metalhead like many people here do. Metal in all it's forms encompasses a little more than half of what I listen to & I play guitar in the metal vein.

If you listen to something that all the die hard black metal fans dislike, you're immediately labeled a poser faggot cunt it seems. I've been over it for a while.

If you listen to something that all the die hard black metal fans dislike, you're immediately labeled a poser faggot cunt it seems. I've been over it for a while.

How many times has this argument for liking obscure black metal been made?

Who cares, honestly? Some of the best bands take long periods of time to fully digest no matter what inaccessible qualities the piece of music might inherit (whether it be bad production, abstract songwriting, etc.). The rewarding experiences that eventually comes with repeated listens are way more of a reason to listen to "kvlt uber tr00" black metal, at least imo.

You like Oingo Boingo though and that is classified as 80s pop/new wave (the same as Huey Lewis), so why the fuck are you talking?

What Omni said, plus Oingo Boingo and Huey Lewis share zero similarity other than approximate time-frame of release and some level of acceptance on pop radio. You should check out the album Nothing to Fear.

I am only slamming your taste at the same level of seriousness that I am taking all of these polls. No real hate.

Your retort was no better. Besides, if you recall you disrespected me & my taste in music. I think you're very immature, & I'm not the only person here who thinks that tbh. I don't come on here claiming to be a metalhead like many people here do. Metal in all it's forms encompasses a little more than half of what I listen to & I play guitar in the metal vein.

I'm sorry that you haven't addressed the fact that you had no idea what kind of music I liked while claiming to know what I listen to so that you could criticize my music taste, and instead decided to call me immature while saying that I criticized your taste in music, meanwhile I only criticized the fact that you posted a ridiculously huge list of bands to show that you listened to diverse music.

Stop being a faggot and try reading things before commenting on them, since your chronic unwillingless to actually read or comprehend posts seems to be an ongoing issue.

Man these polls are causing so much hate. I just don't know what to do. I'm leaving these forums forever.

I'm sorry that you haven't addressed the fact that you had no idea what kind of music I liked while claiming to know what I listen to so that you could criticize my music taste, and instead decided to call me immature while saying that I criticized your taste in music, meanwhile I only criticized the fact that you posted a ridiculously huge list of bands to show that you listened to diverse music.

My bad. I've only been posting back here regular for about 2-3 weeks. I come & go here so I do not know everything that goes on in between the gaps. I honestly thought you were using the screen name Blackmail as well because that's what people were saying, but maybe it was just a joke. I've indeed read plenty of her posts & I thought you were her. My mistake. I really don't get why you called me out for posting that list though. That was why I called you immature. It's just a list that I copy/pasted from my MySpace. I add to it over there every once in awhile. I wouldn't actually sit in front of the computer long enough to come up with a list like that to post for all the UMer's to see. It was a copy/paste job. I was just comparing what I listen to what Dodens listens to. He posted his last.fm list & I commented on it. I never had any gripes with you.

I am Blackmail, but my posts as Blackmail definitely weren't about only black metal or death metal, especially not the latter, and probably 50% of my posts about music aren't about metal at all.

I am Blackmail, but my posts as Blackmail definitely weren't about only black metal or death metal, especially not the latter, and probably 50% of my posts about music aren't about metal at all.

Well, I'm not too sure about death metal, but I know you talked a lot about black metal; at least from what I saw. I also know you talked about a little bit of stuff that I had never heard of in some metal discussions. I don't know if it was metal or not, but it wouldn't make much sense for you to talk about non-metal in metal discussions; at least not the way those discussions were tailored.

About 3-4 months ago I used to post in the non-metal board a little bit. I barely ever looked over here in GM. I wouldn't post there a whole lot, but I would skim over that board everyday. I don't believe I ever saw you over there.