Best Taste in Music, 2008

Who has the best taste in music in 2008?

• Belligerent

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Dodens Grav

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • King Richard

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • The Ozzman

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Thoth-Amon

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
Even if Dodens isn't the most diverse music listener, I think the other people on this poll listen to some absolute trash, so I'd never vote for them.

For anyone who doesn't already know what I listen to, you can just click the links in my signature.

http://www.last.fm/user/DodensGrav/charts?rangetype=overall&subtype=artists

Scweet. You have some decent stuff on there. All metal though. While your taste in metal is solid I don't know much of what you listen outside metal however; & I'm not a fan of punk.

I made a list of stuff I "actively" listen to & posted it on my MySpace. I like much more than just this, but these are bands/artists that I am more familiar with than just listening to in passing. These are artists I respect & at least own one album by, be it through download or not.

311; After Forever; Agalloch; Aghora; Ahab; Alcatrazz; Alcest; Al Di Meola; Alex Masi; Allan Holdsworth; Altera Enigma; Ambeon; Amorphis; Andy Timmons; Angra; Annihilator; Arch Enemy; Armageddon; Arsis; Art Metal; Asia; Atheist; At the Gates; Ayreon; Bathory; Behemoth; Behold... The Arctopus; Between the Buried and Me; Bill Bruford; Blackmore's Night; Blind Guardian; Blotted Science; Blut Aus Nord; Brett Garsed; Buckethead; Bumblefoot; Burzum; Cacophony; Canvas Solaris; Carcass; Cephalic Carnage; Chad Wackerman; Children of Bodom; Chris Duarte; Coroner; Cradle of Filth; Cryptopsy; Cynic; Damageplan; Dark Angel; Dark Tranquility; Dave Martone; David Lee Roth; David T. Chastian; Death; Deathspell Omega; Deep Purple; Deicide; Delerium; Derek Sherinian; Devin Townsend; Devourment; Diamond Head; Dimmu Borgir; Dio; Dissection; Dream Theater; Emerson, Lake & Palmer; Emperor; Ensiferum; Equilibrium; Eric Johnson; Evergrey; Firewind; Frank Gambale; Fredrik Thordendal; Genesis; Genghis Tron; Girl Talk; Gordian Knot; Gospel; Graveland; Graveworm; Greg Howe; Guthrie Govan; Helmet; Hiromi Uehara; Indricothere; Insomnium; Interpol; Iron Maiden; James LaBrie; Jason Becker; Jean-Luc Ponty; Jeff Beck; Jeff Buckley; Jens Johansson; Jimi Hendrix; Joe Satriani; John Coltrane; John Petrucci; John Zorn; Jon Finn; Jordan Rudess; Judas Priest; Kamelot; Karl Sanders; King Crimson; King Diamond; Krallice; Lacuna Coil; Lamb Of God; Led Zeppelin; Liquid Tension Experiment; Lux Occulta; Marc Norgaard; Marco Sfogli; Marty Friedman; Massacra; Mattias "IA" Eklundh; Maudlin of the Well; Mayhem; Megadeth; Mercyful Fate; Meshuggah; Metallica; Michael Jackson; Michael Manring; Michael Romeo; Moonsorrow; Morbid Angel; My Dying Bride; Necrophagist; Neurosis; Nevermore; Nightwish; Nile; Norther; Obituary; Obtest; Opeth; Ornette Coleman; Orphaned Land; Outworld; Ozzy Osbourne; Pain Of Salvation; Pantera; Paul Gilbert; Pavor; Persuader; Pestilence; Pink Floyd; Planet-X; Porcupine Tree; Prong; Protest the Hero; Rabbit in the Moon; Richie Kotzen; Ron Jarzombek; Rush; Samael; Satyricon; Savatage; Sepultura; Shadows Fall; Shawn Lane; Skinless; Skinny Puppy; Slayer; Spastic Ink; Spawn of Possession; Spiral Architect; Star One; Steve Morse; Steve Vai; Strapping Young Lad; Stream of Passion; Suffocation; Summoning; Symphony X; Tenebrae in Perpetuum; Testament; The Faceless; The Mars Volta; Theory in Practice; Therion; T.J. Helmerich; Tony MacAlpine; Tony Williams; Tool; Tori Amos; Tribal Tech; Týr; U.K.; Van Halen; Vinnie Moore; Vital Information; Watchtower; Weather Report; Wintersun; Wolves in the Throne Room; Wormed; Xentrix; Yes; Yngwie Malmsteen

These are artists I respect & at least own one album by, be it through download or not.

I own a lot of downloaded MP3's, too. :lol:

By the way, your list looks like a really vain and overlong attempt to appear diverse and special.

I own a lot of downloaded MP3's, too. :lol:

By the way, your list looks like a really vain and overlong attempt to appear diverse and special.

Yes indeed; I am very diverse & even more special. It's a simple list of some of the stuff I've accumulated. I own a ton of CDs & music DVDs, but I also enjoy a fair bit of dark ambient, electronica, Medieval folk, & Middle-Eastern music. All you listen to is black metal & other brutal shit, so of course I'm very diverse when compared to you. Now, excuse me while I sip on my medicinal tea & bask in the glory of my special diverseness ;)

311; After Forever; Agalloch; Aghora; Ahab; Alcatrazz; Alcest; Al Di Meola; Alex Masi; Allan Holdsworth; Altera Enigma; Ambeon; Amorphis; Andy Timmons; Angra; Annihilator; Arch Enemy; Armageddon; Arsis; Art Metal; Asia; Atheist; At the Gates; Ayreon; Bathory; Behemoth; Behold... The Arctopus; Between the Buried and Me; Bill Bruford; Blackmore's Night; Blind Guardian; Blotted Science; Blut Aus Nord; Brett Garsed; Buckethead; Bumblefoot; Burzum; Cacophony; Canvas Solaris; Carcass; Cephalic Carnage; Chad Wackerman; Children of Bodom; Chris Duarte; Coroner; Cradle of Filth; Cryptopsy; Cynic; Damageplan; Dark Angel; Dark Tranquility; Dave Martone; David Lee Roth; David T. Chastian; Death; Deathspell Omega; Deep Purple; Deicide; Delerium; Derek Sherinian; Devin Townsend; Devourment; Diamond Head; Dimmu Borgir; Dio; Dissection; Dream Theater; Emerson, Lake & Palmer; Emperor; Ensiferum; Equilibrium; Eric Johnson; Evergrey; Firewind; Frank Gambale; Fredrik Thordendal; Genesis; Genghis Tron; Girl Talk; Gordian Knot; Gospel; Graveland; Graveworm; Greg Howe; Guthrie Govan; Helmet; Hiromi Uehara; Indricothere; Insomnium; Interpol; Iron Maiden; James LaBrie; Jason Becker; Jean-Luc Ponty; Jeff Beck; Jeff Buckley; Jens Johansson; Jimi Hendrix; Joe Satriani; John Coltrane; John Petrucci; John Zorn; Jon Finn; Jordan Rudess; Judas Priest; Kamelot; Karl Sanders; King Crimson; King Diamond; Krallice; Lacuna Coil; Lamb Of God; Led Zeppelin; Liquid Tension Experiment; Lux Occulta; Marc Norgaard; Marco Sfogli; Marty Friedman; Massacra; Mattias "IA" Eklundh; Maudlin of the Well; Mayhem; Megadeth; Mercyful Fate; Meshuggah; Metallica; Michael Jackson; Michael Manring; Michael Romeo; Moonsorrow; Morbid Angel; My Dying Bride; Necrophagist; Neurosis; Nevermore; Nightwish; Nile; Norther; Obituary; Obtest; Opeth; Ornette Coleman; Orphaned Land; Outworld; Ozzy Osbourne; Pain Of Salvation; Pantera; Paul Gilbert; Pavor; Persuader; Pestilence; Pink Floyd; Planet-X; Porcupine Tree; Prong; Protest the Hero; Rabbit in the Moon; Richie Kotzen; Ron Jarzombek; Rush; Samael; Satyricon; Savatage; Sepultura; Shadows Fall; Shawn Lane; Skinless; Skinny Puppy; Slayer; Spastic Ink; Spawn of Possession; Spiral Architect; Star One; Steve Morse; Steve Vai; Strapping Young Lad; Stream of Passion; Suffocation; Summoning; Symphony X; Tenebrae in Perpetuum; Testament; The Faceless; The Mars Volta; Theory in Practice; Therion; T.J. Helmerich; Tony MacAlpine; Tony Williams; Tool; Tori Amos; Tribal Tech; Týr; U.K.; Van Halen; Vinnie Moore; Vital Information; Watchtower; Weather Report; Wintersun; Wolves in the Throne Room; Wormed; Xentrix; Yes; Yngwie Malmsteen

Actually, it's a good list; had I come to think of it earlier, I would've nominated you.

Yes indeed; I am very diverse & even more special. It's a simple list of some of the stuff I've accumulated. I own a ton of CDs & music DVDs, but I also enjoy a fair bit of dark ambient, electronica, Medieval folk, & Middle-Eastern music. All you listen to is black metal & other brutal shit, so of course I'm very diverse when compared to you. Now, excuse me while I sip on my medicinal tea & bask in the glory of my special diverseness ;)

Do you go to places by boat? I hear the tourists are crazy this time of year...

:D

Don't vote for me you fruitcake, I want to be in last place. I'm still shocked I got 1 nomination let alone made it onto the poll. What the fuck is the world coming to?
:lol:
As if you hadn't figured it out yourself, everything I said, other than the watermelons part( don't like 'em), was in jest.
It's an obsolete category I wasn't planning to vote in anyway.