Best Taste in Music, 2008

Who has the best taste in music in 2008?

• Belligerent

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Dodens Grav

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • King Richard

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • The Ozzman

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Thoth-Amon

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
Where's V???

I don't know who to pick. I don't post enough to get to know everyone very well... I'm thinking King Richard based on stuff I've seen him say, but I really do not know. If everyone on the poll would post like 10 bands that are very dear to them & it would help to be as diverse as possible I could easily make a choice.

Opeth
Pink Floyd
Nine Inch Nails
Rush
Van Halen
Priest
Maiden
Katatonia
Armored Saint
Alice in Chains

First 10 off the top of my head

Also: Look at my last.fm link in my sig for more help

I love how Dodens is the only one on the poll that listens to only metal. Everyone else listens to other shit

This is a myth tbh. I just haven't gotten around to buying much that isn't metal. I listen to a lot of prog/hard rock/proto-metal, classical, and punk, and I'm exploring neofolk and dark ambient (and others) atm.

This is a myth tbh. I just haven't gotten around to buying much that isn't metal. I listen to a lot of prog/hard rock/proto-metal, classical, and punk, and I'm exploring neofolk and dark ambient (and others) atm.

Eh, your RYM account makes it look as though you only have metal. Though, I only looked in the CD section and got as far as Graveland before getting bored

I should probably check out your last.fm account then

You should talk about punk a bit then :p

Neither of those will entirely accurately reflect the (admittedly marginal) diversity of what I listen to tbh. And yes, most of my hard rock, for example, is on LP (Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, Rush, ELP, etc, other stuff not listed).

My rough top 10 fav's:

Opeth
Porcupine Tree
Agalloch
Amorphis
Anathema
Enslaved
Carcass
Katatonia
Bloodbath
Keep of Kalessin

Now non-metal (classic rock/prog) would be alot harder for me to choose

edit: ah what the hell:
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath
The Beatles
Zeppelin
The Allman Bros.Band
UFO
King Crimson
Camel
Robin Trower
Deep Purple

I'm pretty sure Thoth only listens to brutal shit. Where's King Richard?? Post yours then I will decide.

I should have been on the list because I have the best taste.

I might have him confused with someone else. There are people here I still get confused... Everyone in the poll should post their top 10 though. It doesn't have to be dead accurate, just something to give the voters a better idea.

:lol: Wow, I can't believe I actually made it onto a poll, especially "best taste" considering all the shit I get for it.

I guess I'll list some bands since you are asking. Aside from all the stuff already listed by Belligerent and Ozzman, and the obvious classic metal bands I like (starting with classic rock, and psych):

Hendrix
Queen
The Eagles
Bob Marley
The Police
Prince
MJ
Genesis
Yes
Cream
Early Aerosmith
Fleetwood Mac (heh)
David Bowie
Jethro Tull
CCR
Frank Zappa
Sex Pistols
The Clash
Black Flag
Jawbreaker
Motley fackin Crue
Jefferson Airplane
The Byrds
The Moody Blues
Yardbirds
Velvet Underground
Johnny Cash
Kaleidoscope
Steppenwolf
The Flaming Lips
The Who
Harmonium
Gentle Giant

Some later music:
early Manson
Foo Fighters
early Incubus
some NIN albums
Garbage
Tool
APC
Jimmy Eat World
The Verve Pipe
early Green Day
Smashing Pumpkins
Candlebox
Blind Melon
Collective Soul
Sublime
Days Of The New
Faith No More
STP
Gin Blossoms
Oasis
Silver Chair

Some metal, a lot of these are obvious bands but I'm not going to go through the normal Judas Priest, Sabbath, Maiden etc. I'm not as big of a connoisseur of metal as Dodens but I check out new bands all the time:

Sodom
ATG
Therion
Morbid Angel
Demilich
Unleashed
Celtic Frost
Immortal
Whiplash
Bathory
Burzom
Emperor
Obituary
Pestilence
Possessed
Anathema
Sleep
Gorguts
Entombed
Solitude Aeturnus
Arcturus
Amorphis
Exodus
Sabbat
Cathedral
Adramelech
Immolation
Pentagram
Darkthrone
Mayhem
Candlemass
Vio-Lence
Electric Wizard
Agent Steel
Hypnosia
Assassin
Dark Funeral
Dawn
Saint Vitus
Beherit
Reverend Bizarre
Candlemass

Alright I give up.

For the record, I did the manly thing and didn't vote for myself. That shit is lame.

Also, I listed your 10 bands, and raised you a shit ton. That's metal or something.