Best Taste in Music, 2008

Who has the best taste in music in 2008?

• Belligerent

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Dodens Grav

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • King Richard

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • The Ozzman

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Thoth-Amon

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
Punk. What punk?

What, you think I'm lying?

Discharge, GBH, The Exploited, Anti-Nowhere League, Varukers, English Dogs, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Rudimentary Peni, Anti Cimex, Amebix, GISM, Crass, Dead Kennedys, Disrupt, Descendents, Misfits, Poison Idea, Disfear, Skitsystem, Tragedy

What, you think I'm lying?

Discharge, GBH, The Exploited, Anti-Nowhere League, Varukers, English Dogs, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Rudimentary Peni, Anti Cimex, Amebix, GISM, Crass, Dead Kennedys, Disrupt, Descendents, Misfits, Poison Idea, Disfear, Skitsystem, Tragedy

Basically the good stuff

I might have him confused with someone else. There are people here I still get confused... Everyone in the poll should post their top 10 though. It doesn't have to be dead accurate, just something to give the voters a better idea.

You are fucking retarded. Either hang around the forums more or stop making an opinion on shit.

Diversity doesn't inherently make someone's taste in music "better" imo. I feel that the quality of someone's overall taste should be gauged by how well they understand and appreciate the music they listen to (as well as other respectable forms of music) and how dedicated they are to pursuing as music of this music as possible. I'd rather have someone really who knows what they're talking about pertaining to a few broad genres as opposed to someone who incessantly makes their interest in "all" genres of music known for the sake of appearing "open minded".

No one in this poll really falls under the latter category, but I just used it to illustrate the point that I was trying to make.

I find it extremely hilarious that the person with the smallest amount of diversity is getting the largest amount of votes
Well, I'm much more diverse in my taste then Dodens I think, but the thing is that pretty much all other people in the poll, while they like lots of stuff they like alot of shitty stuff instead of lots of good. So I think someone with a narrow but awsome taste wins over someone with a diverse but boring taste.

...And Dodens exploring neofolk, ambient, classical and punk doesn't really hurt as all those are awsome genres. More so then modern rock and shit like that.

I will be voting based on he who most closely matches my own taste. No disrespect in any of my following comments.

King Richard eliminated himself from my vote with his "Some later music" list. I just can't deal with most of that.

I see a lot of common ground with Ozzman, but in a quick top 10 list, I am indifferent or dislike too much (Opeth, Nine Inch Nails, Van Halen, Katatonia).

Belligerant: I'd love to drink a Bastard with ya, but our common ground in metal is sparse, based on your list (though I intend to check out Agalloch sooner rather than later).

So at this point I am leaning toward Mr. Grav.

I'd like to see a list from Thoth.

FUCK YOU YOU COCK SUCKING JEW FAGGOT FOR NOT NOMINATING ME LIKE I TOLD YOU. EXPECT SOME SHIT WITH YOUR CDS, CUNT.

on a brighter note...1000 fucking post, bitches. I guess ill celebrate by rubbing one out

Belligerent, no doubt. I think we agree on almost everything as far as tastes go.

The only big difference between us is the issue of power metal.

I will be voting based on he who most closely matches my own taste. No disrespect in any of my following comments.

King Richard eliminated himself from my vote with his "Some later music" list. I just can't deal with most of that.

I see a lot of common ground with Ozzman, but in a quick top 10 list, I am indifferent or dislike too much (Opeth, Nine Inch Nails, Van Halen, Katatonia).

Belligerant: I'd love to drink a Bastard with ya, but our common ground in metal is sparse, based on your list (though I intend to check out Agalloch sooner rather than later).

So at this point I am leaning toward Mr. Grav.

I'd like to see a list from Thoth.

That's the problem with this type of category. I literally listen to every type of music. Rock, classic rock, alternative, blues, jazz, psych, punk, electronica, pop, metal obviously, ska, reggae, avant-garde, big band, folk, some rap, etc etc etc.

I mean if you don't want to vote for me because I like alternative then that's fine. I'm not trying to beef up my vote count heh. But in terms of overall taste, there probably aren't as many people who listen to such a wide variety of differing styles. But hey, do what you want, but remember the poll says best taste in music.

I'm not going to speak for Thoth, but he's on the same plane as me. We have similar tastes in just about everything I can think of. Yes he likes pop, yes he likes alternative. So if those genres don't sit well with you, then you probably shouldn't vote for him either. :lol:

Anyways like I said earlier, I voted for Thoth because he not only has the same "taste" in music, but has the same viewpoint as well. It's about quality, not quantity, regardless of the genre. There's no sense in being embarassed about what you like (re: that thread zeph made about him being embarassed about liking dimmu borgir).