most disappointing album

Painkiller is my favourite album of all time, ever! :headbang:

Stormbringer: King Diamond RULE!!! How good are "Them" and "Conspiracy" and "The Eye" and everything basically!!

nosferatu: Hysteria is great I reckon!

i heard mayn people say british steel is good but i cant agree here. painkiller kicks major ass and the song itself is probably THE heavy metal song.

@trooper: god we have so much in common, if you were a girl i'd ask you to marry me now :lol:

np king diamond - the trees have eyes :headbang:

Haha I always say to people myself that Painkiller is THE song that defines the term "heavy metal" hehe.

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ if i was a girl thing hahahaha!

hehe, well on the Blaze BB i found a nice dutch girl with an overkill and a helloween tattoo - i'll go for then :lol:

Ooh a Dutch girl..... sexy accent then!!!! :D

I love girls with Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, etc.. accents. Very sexy! And British accents are sexy too!

Well, I don't want to get into a whole debate, as it *could* take all day, but King Diamond has NEVER been black metal.

King himself might practice/believe in some satanic crap, but other than the occasional lyrical content, there's no trace of black metal in any of his music.

Venom is generally considered to be the first black metal band, though admittedly their music isn't very black metal either. In retrospect, that is.

like i said i dont like black metal thus i dont listen it or spend time with black metal.

i have also heard many people say venom were the first black metallers, but if heard the same about king diamond. and i know more about them as about venom but are eager to learn stuff i dont know yet.

but we can go one more step back in history and there we will find that black metal wouldnt be possible without the misfits. at least this is my opinion and i am very sure about it :)

just like without the ramones there wouldnt be any speed & thrash metal ;)

I think King Diamond and Mercyful Fate set some groundwork for black metal for sure with their themes, imagery, dark atmsophere, some of the riffs, even the corpsepaint thing... however the music is more a dark heavy metal.

Originally posted by The Trooper
I think King Diamond and Mercyful Fate set some groundwork for black metal for sure with their themes, imagery, dark atmsophere, some of the riffs, even the corpsepaint thing... however the music is more a dark heavy metal.

100% agree :)

couldnt have said it better.

but thus is why i refer to them as '1st black metallers'.

I was referring back to the mini-conversation Stormbringer & I had on this topic yesterday. I would love to hear from some of the first true black metal bands what influence they took from King & co., though.

Storm, I have to disagree about the gods of black metal. Venom were the shit for me growing up. I'm sorry, I can't get into King Diamonds vocals. I have Melissa and don't break the oath, don't get me wrong I dig the albums but the vocals...hmmmmmmmmmm. I'll be honest I haven't heard any King Diamond stuff for the reasons above. Convince me if you will. You say you don't like black metal, but talking about early Venom, they were a major influence on a lot of bands due to their origionallity and I guess a lot of people couldn't handle what they were doing. I listen to it now and really they're just another NWOBHM/thrash outfit having a good time. Funny how music seems to change after you hear so much of it.

Trooper, I think a lot of the stuff Def Leppard has done since Pyromania has been a disappointment. I saw them live at Selinas in Sydney in 83 and they blew the joint away but siince then they've not really hit the spot for me. Having said that, they have had a lot of turmoil to deal with. Whether this has had anything to do with it, I don't know.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

yeah i know a lot of people who dont like KD vocals. i do and i think it's a great band. if you havent these songs, i can highly recommend the trees have eyes, halloween and black devil (some of my fave KD ones).

but i guess it's just personal taste. e.g. saxon is probably a real good band, i just cant get into them.

I don't like anything Def Leppard did after Hysteria so I know what you mean but I love Hysteria. That was the last great Leppard album to me hehe.