most disappointing album

Cold Gin

Aug 8, 2002
Germany
Visit site
You go into a store, buy a LP / CD of a band you love and already have a couple of great albums from, listen to the newly bought at home ... and you are really disppointed about this crap and never listened to this album since then. Ever experienced that ? Here are my most disappointing records:

Gary Moore - After the War
Saxon - Rock the Nations
Kiss - Asylum
Kiss - Alive III
AC/DC - the Razor´s Edge

Cheers

Deep Purple - Abandon
Kiss - Psycho circus
Blind Fury (AKA Satan) - Out of reach
Iron Maiden - The X factor and Virtual X1
Motley Crue - New tattoo
Guns and Roses - Lies and use your illusion
Warrant - Dirty rotten filfthy stinking rich

Shitloads of others I can't think of. I love After the war and Asylum

Originally posted by nosferatu
Deep Purple - Abandon
Kiss - Psycho circus
Blind Fury (AKA Satan) - Out of reach
Iron Maiden - The X factor and Virtual X1
Motley Crue - New tattoo
Guns and Roses - Lies and use your illusion
Warrant - Dirty rotten filfthy stinking rich

Shitloads of others I can't think of. I love After the war and Asylum

haha, well I love Psycho Circus ..

Kiss - Psycho Circus
Iron Maiden - Virtual XI
Guns N Roses - The Spaghetti Incident
Skid Row - Subhuman Race
Bon Jovi - These Days
Metallica - Load & Reload
Anthrax - Volume 8 (Had only heard Joey-era Anthrax which I love, and thought WHAT THE HELL with this!)

Heaps really... plus there's all the crap albums the great hard rock/glam metal bands of the '80s put out in the mid-90s to try and fit in with the post-grunge sound, such as...
Motley Crue - Motley Crue & Generation Swine (New Tattoo is a great rock & roll comeback I think)
Warrant - Belly To Belly & Ultraphobic
Poison - Crack A Smile even though it wasn't released till 2000 (it was recorded in 1995)
etc... etc... but I haven't actually bought any of the albums in that last list, I just heard them or sampled them and didn't even want to buy them, even though I love the bands.

Skid Row - Subhuman Race fits into the above category too except I bought that one.

Cold Gin: I *LOVE* Alive III, I reckon it's brilliant! Bruce and Eric's playing is just great and takes the old songs to a whole new level of greatness. Every song beats the original version I think. And Asylum is one of my favourite Kiss albums too!

i had lots of albums that took me into the deep sadness of disappointment-for example mtallica, anathema, evereve-

BUT the most disappointing one was paradise lost's HOST, which my soul could never bear

Other baddies to only grace my ears once

Gillan - Glory road
Whitesnake - Northwinds
AC DC - Flick of the switch
Rush - test for echo
Motorhead - We are Motorhead
Dee Snider - Bloodied but unbowed
Ozzy - Down to Earth (very dissapointing)

Of all the albums that disappointed me the most, I'd have to say Metallica's "Black Album" and Queensryche's "Empire" were the greatest letdowns for me personally. Neither of them are awful records, but considering what they were following, I was devastated.

iced earth - horror show
ozzy - down to earth
alice - dragontown
gamma ray - new world order

peeps, alive 3 is a live album and no studio album so how can it disappoint you? you well know the songs from the studio album...

Accept - Russian Roulette
Jaguar - This Time
Tygers of Pan Tang - The Cage
Judas Priest - Turbo
Raven - Stay Hard, The Pack is Back
Angel Witch - Screaming n Bleedin'
EF Band - One Night Stand
Silver Mountain - Roses and Champagne
Loundess - Lightning Strikes
Persian Risk - Rise Up
Diamond Head - Canterbury Tales

and the worst culprit of all:

DISCHARGE - GRAVE NEW WORLD.... what a piece of SHIT!

Originally posted by The Trooper
And a damn good live album at that :headbang:

i can agree on that but not on Turbo :lol:

god how i hate that song - I'M YOUR TURBO LOVER!
makes me always wanna dance boogie. maybe that was the reason why 2 friends of mine and me got into trouble at the priest gig... :lol:

I only got two Priest Albums and they were both disapointing:D
because I expected one of the greatest metal bands ever, I put it on and.....Breaking the law breaking the law *uiiii**uiiii* breaking the law breaking the law *uiiii**uiii*:D
the other is Turbo:D but I think its just fun to liten to it with this Synthi, or is it a Guitar with a Flanger effect or smething like that?

i dont think british steel is a very good one either, though our band does a killer cover of breaking the law :D