Most played songs at Opeth concerts...

Manga-San

Mar 19, 2003
Visit site
We have several "songs that aren't played ever" topics, and since I haven't ever seen Opeth live, whenever I do get the chance to see them, I'd like a general idea of what they play...

I figure The Drapery Falls and Demon of the Fall are standards, if I'm guessing correctly. But, how often do they play Morningrise and Still Life material..? Serenity Painted Death, or maybe When..?

I'm really in the dark as to what they play most often, so it'd be cool to know, at least a general idea...

Usually, these are must haves in their sets:
Deliverance
Drapery
Demon of the Fall
In My Time of Need(bleh!)
and from there it's varied, maybe add in A Fair Judgement

Btw, there is some band I was looking at the other day, and they actually had a song called The Curtain Falls hahaha.

^ and Advent.
i would like to see the guys rotate deliv, demon, and drapery, as i mentioned before, to make room for another song or two, on upcoming tours. all are killer songs live, but, having seen them all twice a piece, i'd rather hear a more obscure song.

I would happen to find it rather nice if Opeth were to make an addition of a track from the ''Orchid'' album to their setlist on the next set of tours they engage in to support the latest Opeth release. Such as, ''In Mist She Was Standing'' or ''The Twilight Is My Robe''.

In my personal opinion, There are no words that could even possibly come close to describing how incredibley amazing it would be to see those two tracks played live.

Back then it was "The Forest of October" and "Advent" now it's "Demon of the Fall" for number one, "The Draper Falls" as number two and "Master's Apprentice"

^ hahaha. that surely was a pretty fuckin weird idea, to cover another band's whole album. i'll admit, i dl'ed it, cause when i was a tallicafreak, it was a cool to hear another band's try at it. it was pretty good (quality wasn't too good however).

instead, opeth should play MAYH in full. yeah...my balls would drop for the second time.

oh, and haver, as you prob. now they rehearsed nectar for the last tour, so your wish isn't completely out of the question.

Mikael: *smells armpit during vocal arrangement*

>> it's great that he says (in fact he's talking about master's apprentice) right before smelling armpit 'this is going to be good i believe...'

This was the set when I saw them on lamentations tour:
1.Masters Apprentecies
2.Drapery
3.The Moor
4.Windowpane
5.In my time of need
6.April Ethereal
7.Deliverance
8.Blackwater Park
9.Demon of the fall

I would imagine that is the set now days If I would choose what they would play I would choose this:
1.Masters Apprentecies (best song to open with EVER)
2.Drapery (Its a masterpiece)
3.The Leper Affinity (Take out the moor replace it with TLA, Leper is crazy fans will go insane.
4. Windowpane (That song owns, good time to take a mellow brake)
5. To Rid the disease ( Take out IMTON, To rid is better)
6.April Ethereal (Time to get heavy again, great song fans go crazy)
7.The Forest of October (Take out deliverance, Forest owns and deliverance is to repetative.)
8. Blackwater Park (Excellent choice mikael and the band)
9. Advent ( Awesome song one of the best ever.)

Encore:Demon of the fall (You have to play demon.)

the setlist i saw has been mentioned
my all time Opeth Concert would be

1. Masters Apprentice
2. Drapery
3. The Moor
4. To Bid You Farewell
5. Wreath
6. April Ethereal
7. Blackwater Park
8. Advent
9. God Head's Lament

Demon and Forest as encores