Most technical bands of this generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.AcidTrip.

New Metal Member
Aug 24, 2010
Just thought i would share some bands that i really think stand out.

Pitbulls in the nursery. Gay name but a super talented band

Gorod.

Obscura.

fleshgod apocalypse. There latest "mafia" is my favorite of this year.

Meshuggah. no shit

hiroshima will burn.

The shattering.

Coprofago. very under ratted.

cephalic carnage. the new shit is very very good.

decrepit birth.

Isis. they are just a different story.

Please share more. ;)

yours dearly
.AcidTrip.

Obscura
Brain Drill
Psycroptic
Gorod
Spawn of Possession
Decapitated
Decrepit Birth
Fleshgod Apocalypse

if were including older bands too i can keep going .... Dark Angel, Death, Quo Vadis, Sadus, Gorguts, Nile, Coroner etc.

Fleshgod Apocalypse is definitely one of the more technical bands, but they also, in my opinion, write a great song. Mafia is very good.

Another Hyper-Tech (could that be a new genre?) band I enjoy is Viraemia. A very well produced EP and all five songs are spectacular.

No discussion of Tech is complete without mention of Gorguts, of course. The album Obscura is a watershed moment in the genre. Not as fast as discs released a decade later (though no slouch in the speed department), Each song is musically and instrumentally complex. That whole album, and to a somewhat lesser extent From Wisdom to Hate, is tremendously technical and aurally frightening for new listeners. One of my all-time faves.

Who needs sex when you can wank for an entire song and produce the same results?

So you're saying technical metal is as good as sex?

Isis. they are just a different story.

Yes, they are. they're a "not very technical" story (although I do love them, but technical they ain't).

Psycroptic

One of the more impressive tech-death outfits atm imo. Also yeah Coroner are easily the most impressive tech-thrash I can think of.

No discussion of Tech is complete without mention of Gorguts, of course. The album Obscura is a watershed moment in the genre. Not as fast as discs released a decade later (though no slouch in the speed department), Each song is musically and instrumentally complex. That whole album, and to a somewhat lesser extent From Wisdom to Hate, is tremendously technical and aurally frightening for new listeners. One of my all-time faves.

Obscura is a very different album for the genre, it's a combination of tech death and high art or something. I've never heard anything like it.

Not sure how Isis fits into "technical" :lol:

Pitbulls are good though, props for that. Fuck this thread though. There might already be a TDM thread, but it's discussable in the Death Metal proper thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.