Mother Earth is dying soon !

Fleischwolf

Carnis Lupus
Jan 5, 2002
Österreich - Austria
Visit site
http://www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,750783,00.html

this is so fucking sad!:( :mad: :( :mad:

fuck you bush you idiot, for not signing the kioto protocol! what you goona do with your oil and money when you have no air to breathe!

people in the third world stop breeding! even now you haven't enough food to feed your population! if you grow more and more, you will be even poorer!

what do you people think? is there anything we can do for our poor earth? i'm so sad about this, i just hate the way people tread nature!!!!!!

Yeah, right...but imagine what kind of radical cuts in society etc. then would be needed! ..Perhaps you and me would accept these but what about the rest of the world? ...the problem is all people would have to participate in measures to clear up the situation...uhh...quite impossible, isn't it? ..hm..seems as I lost believe in humanity..

Originally posted by Iceheart
Yeah, right...but imagine what kind of radical cuts in society etc. then would be needed! ..Perhaps you and me would accept these but what about the rest of the world? ...the problem is all people would have to participate in measures to clear up the situation...uhh...quite impossible, isn't it? ..hm..seems as I lost believe in humanity..

if i'd tell you to quit smoking, because it's not healthy, you'd probably would not care, since you really love to smoke. but if i'd tell you to stop smoking now, otherwhise it'd kill you in say one month, you very likely would! we have to get it into peoples' minds, that if they don't stop going on destroying nature now, they are gonna face the end soon! this is not going to happen in some hundred years but in quite short time! most of us here will live to see it! start now!

This is sad, and I don't know what to say. It's weird how most of the people that listen to metal and such, are the ones trying to save the world, when the people that listen to pop have things like... "Save the world", but really... They don't do anything! This truly is something I wish wouldn't happen. :cry:

Originally posted by Fleischwolf
what's the gist? http: // www.observer.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,750783,00.html

No, the problem is that my company won't allow me to read anything at observer.co.uk. So I can't read the article. I just wanted a brief summary so I know what you're talking about other than the fact that the world is dying because Bush is an idiot.

Ah. It is definately something that I want to comment on. I don't know which resources it's talking about, but need often fosters innovation. Working for an oil technology company gives me a different perspective on resource consumption, and especially on energy technology and policy.

But I think the article will be unnecessarily alarmist. I'll see if I can figure a way around the firewall after lunch....

I don't think we will ever manage to destroy the world. We will only make it unstable enough for it to kill us. In other word: WE will kill OURSELVES. Nature always prevails. I don't think humans are neither strong enough nor smart enough to kill the Earth. We think we are smart, but we aren't smart enough. Us exploiting Earth as we do, surely proves that!

*agrees with Fjell* :) :) And even if we would destroy earth, there's still more than enough chance for nature to create another earth... measuring in universal size...

Originally posted by Fjelltussa
I don't think we will ever manage to destroy the world. We will only make it unstable enough for it to kill us. In other word: WE will kill OURSELVES. Nature always prevails. I don't think humans are neither strong enough nor smart enough to kill the Earth. We think we are smart, but we aren't smart enough. Us exploiting Earth as we do, surely proves that!

Nature always continues because it is so vast. However, nature as we now know it will probably not exist if we kill ourselves. But, then again, if we manage to kill ourselves, we'll probably manage to kill nearly all species larger than a rabbit. Otherwise there will probably be some surviving humans.

I didn't quite capture the essence of what I was trying to say, but oh well.

Also, I couldn't get around the firewall, and my DSL installation has been pushed back to 16/7, so if someone could email the text of the article to rdroth@imsa.edu, I'd be much obliged. (I'd prefer plaintext to html!)

thanks.

Do you guys really think that if you could make people realize that they're killing themselves, they would do something. Nearly everyone knows what's happening, but it all comes down to the importance of making profit...and that is more important than the future of mankind. Even the government couldn't do anything about it...it would ruin their economy. Let this stupid and unworthy race die...unfortunatly killing nature with it for thousands years after their disapearance. And if we who want to change things succeed, than I might change my mind about mankind, but I think it is highly unlikely.