Iced Earth Studio/Live Update

Also we'll probably see: Pure Evil, Angels Holocaust, Dark Saga, I Died For You, The Hunter, My Own Savior.

I see you own ALIVE IN ATHENS.. :lol:

They haven't played most of those since the Wicked tour.
(Hrmm... they might have played I Died For You on the Horror Show tour, I can't recall).
I would LOVE to hear Dark Saga and I Died For You...

This was the setlist for the Chicago Show (If I remember correctly, it's been 6 yrs.):

1. Violate
2. Pure Evil
3. Wolf
4. Damien
5. The Hunter
6. Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
7. Jack
8. Slave To The Dark
9. A Question Of Heaven
10. My Own Savior
11. Watching Over Me
12. Dracula
13. Prophecy
14. Birth Of The Wicked
15. The Coming Curse
16. Iced Earth

I'm guessing it would be something similar to that.

I don't like how he left out "Burnt Offerings" on the CDs he mentioned.

I agree, but don't forget that Jon was generalizing for an average 45 min set...which is less than HALF of what they'll be doing at the Powerfest!! Per quotes from Jon himself (which you guys will read in the interview we had done with him), the Powerfest show will be VERY special.

Also, here's another little tidbit, you guys might enjoy (taken from that same interview) regarding their Powerfest set:

Although the set list has yet to be finalized, Schaffer said “Declaration Day” and “When the Eagle Cries” from “The Glorious Burden” likely will be part of the mix.

It'll be awesome to hear these songs done the way they were intended!!!!!!!!! :kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

I see you own ALIVE IN ATHENS.. :lol:

They haven't played most of those since the Wicked tour.
(Hrmm... they might have played I Died For You on the Horror Show tour, I can't recall).
I would LOVE to hear Dark Saga and I Died For You...

They haven't played a lot of those because Ripper was in the band, and they focused on the new albums featuring him.

Barlow is back, so I'd expect the standard Barlow-era songs - especially given the fact that Jon stated that they're going to focus on the last three records that he sang on (Horror Show, SW, Dark Saga).

They'll have to fill up 90 minutes, and will probably feature maybe 3 songs from the albums with Ripper. What else does that leave room for? All of your favorite Barlow-era tunes.

Edit - posted prior to reading this page with Rob's mention of the TGB songs...so maybe we'll see a bunch more. But my idea still stands, now that Matt's back, be prepared for all of your old standards to return!

I agree, but don't forget that Jon was generalizing for an average 45 min set...which is less than HALF of what they'll be doing at the Powerfest!! Per quotes from Jon himself (which you guys will read in the interview we had done with him), the Powerfest show will be VERY special.

Also, here's another little tidbit, you guys might enjoy (taken from that same interview) regarding their Powerfest set:

Although the set list has yet to be finalized, Schaffer said “Declaration Day” and “When the Eagle Cries” from “The Glorious Burden” likely will be part of the mix.

It'll be awesome to hear these songs done the way they were intended!!!!!!!!! :kickass: :headbang: :kickass: :headbang:

That is awesome. I love Declaration Day. :headbang:

If they are going to do Watching Over Me and Melancholy, then I could do without When The Eagle Cries. I love all three songs, but we don't need ALL of them in the set....

Declaration Day w/ Matt on vox should be killer.

I heard they don't play anything off their first album. Yay confidence in older material.

They always play Iced Earth as the last song of every show.

That's 1/8th of their first album, and it's guaranteed to be played. They probably won't even touch Burnt Offerings, so be glad they'll at least touch the first disc.

They've played a lot of songs off of that album on past tours, especially on the Horror Show tour.

I'm still skeptical about this band. I was deeply disappointed when Jon kicked out The Ripper just to let Barlow back in the band. Seems like Tim (and Pyramaze) both got fucked over. Oh well, I guess that happens when two but buddies come together. Just means that hopefully we'll get to enjoy another Beyond Fear album.

two butt buddies? Barlow and Jon didn't exactly part on amazing terms. yeah, it wasnt BAD, but it still wasn't GOOD. Jon's move to bring Barlow back in was probably one of the best ideas he's had in years.

oh well. I'd be happy with at least ONE song from Burnt Offerings. I know they won't do the title track, so I have that one out of my mind.

Burnt Offerings was made during a bad time in IE's history.

So i guess it can bring back bad memories.
I like burnt offerings.
The title track, Diary and Dante's Inferno are great. In fact Shaffer says the only thing he liked was Dante's Inferno.

Though that song takes alot of time out so i guess it won't be played unless they did something like AIA again.

Also expect the song stormrider to be played.