ICED EARTH CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
OK, here's our second headliner press release...talk amongst yourselves. ;)

---------------------------

ICED EARTH CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

American power metallers ICED EARTH have been confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008, set to take place on May 1-3 at The Pearl Room in Mokena, Illinois. This will be ICED EARTH's very first performance since the return of vocalist MATT BARLOW.

ICED EARTH founder Jon Schaffer had the following comments about their upcoming performance at the Powerfest: "A big hello goes out to all of our friends in Chi-town! I'm very happy to announce that Iced Earth will be playing our first gig of '08 and our first gig with Matt Barlow back behind the mic at the Chicago Powerfest. It's an honor and a privilege that our first show re-united with Matt is in Chicago. This was the first city to really embrace Iced Earth back in 1997 when we started our U.S. "campaign." It was also the passion of our Chicago fan base that was a big reason for the band moving out of Florida and into the Midwest. We LOVE Chicago, we have a lot of friends there and many great memories. It's only fitting that we kick off the next chapter in the city that's always been so important to Iced Earth and our history. This very special night will be a celebration of our past as well as a celebration of a bold and bright future for Iced Earth and our fans. We look forward to seeing you all there! It's going to be something special, guaranteed!"

Festival organizers, CRJ Productions, also commented: "After months of going after Iced Earth, we're so ecstatic to finally make this announcement. With Iced Earth & Testament both headlining the Powerfest this year, we whole-heartedly believe that this will one of the most anticipated American festivals of 2008 & we're looking forward to seeing the hoard of frenzied metal fans enjoying the fest right along side us."

Also scheduled to appear with ICED EARTH and TESTAMENT, are Sweden's DARKANE, Germany's SUIDAKRA, Finland's ENSIFERUM and TURISAS, Denmark's TYR, Switzerland's ELUVEITIE, Florida's THE AUTUMN OFFERING, Chicago's TWELFTH GATE and Italy's CHAOSWAVE.

Tickets for the Iced Earth headlining show (May 2) will go on sale this SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd at all Ticketmaster locations and The Pearl Room box office. Single day tickets for the Powerfest kick-off with Paganfest show (May 1) & the Testament headlining show (May 3) are available now.

More updates, including additional bands for the Friday (May 2) lineup, coming soon. For all current information regarding Powerfest, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com and www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

COUP! In big-ass, bold letters, simply for nailing their first performance with Matt again, which others have assumed would happen for Prog Power.

I already purchased my Saturday ticket, but I'll be going Friday night for this! I never got to see them with Barlow prior to him leaving the band.

You guys are awesome - I have no idea how you pulled IE and Testament, but this really makes me proud to have you guys putting this fest together in Chicago.

This really makes sense, especially in a geographic sense, with Iced Earth being **relatively** local.

This also helps me in a roundabout way. My older daughter's birthday is Sunday Sept 28th, of ProgPower weekend. To avoid, well, "issues", my plan is to leave ProgPower a day early, Saturday - missing that night's show - so that I would be home all day on her birthday. Missing Saturday in Atlanta just got SOOOO much easier to do!

Ken

Hahaha! NICE SCORE DUDES!
This was one of the bands in the back of my mind for some time now, though that thought vanished once they were confirmed for Prog Power.

This is huge... Well done.....

Rob and Chris...I am a big enough man to say that you have impressed me on this one. You now have bought Chicago (Mokena) Powerfest up to impressive levels with Testament and now Iced Earth. I will have to give you a the thumbs up. Now to get at least one more decent act on friday and I will be happy.

This announcement puts me in a pickle!!!
The date of P'Fest weekend could not be worse for me, with things going on at work. I MUST be at work Friday the 2nd, and probably will be there late.

My initial plan was Pagan Fest Thurs, skip Friday possibly, then go Saturday.....

Doing the hotel is not an option with work and family, etc..... Argh!!! What to do? What to do! :)

The date of P'Fest weekend could not be worse for me, with things going on at work. I MUST be at work Friday the 2nd, and probably will be there late.

My initial plan was Pagan Fest Thurs, skip Friday possibly, then go Saturday.....

Doing the hotel is not an option with work and family, etc..... Argh!!! What to do? What to do! :)

Heh, I'll be buying separate tickets for each day, since I already bought a Saturday ticket. Then driving to and from Lake County all the way down to Mokena, and back again on Saturday.

Answer: Suck it up, be a man and GO TO THE FUCKING SHOW!!!!

:) :heh: