ICED EARTH CONFIRMED FOR CHICAGO POWERFEST 2008

I prefer three!

tr2capboxart_160w.jpg

( o Y o Y o )

I can imagine what you are paying for them. But going to K-Mart for the opening acts isnt going to help make that money back. May want to upgrade to Target and get a better class of acts.:lol:

It will if it sells tickets, which is exactly what headliners are supposed to do. So maybe people won't consider this a "true festival" with big headliners and lesser opening bands, but so what? At least they're bringing these bands to Chicago, saving us a trip to the east/west coasts or Prog Power.

Just wait and see how the ticket sales reports are for both days - I think Rob will finally be able to put you in your place when the results are in.

It will if it sells tickets, which is exactly what headliners are supposed to do. So maybe people won't consider this a "true festival" with big headliners and lesser opening bands, but so what? At least they're bringing these bands to Chicago, saving us a trip to the east/west coasts or Prog Power.

Just wait and see how the ticket sales reports are for both days - I think Rob will finally be able to put you in your place when the results are in.

It is going to be Testament and Iced Earth selling the tickets. I have always been positive about that. I think that was two great choices for headliners. It is the mid-level bands that I have been vocal about.

I know that lots of people here wont speak up but will in email or PM's. I would rather be honest and straight forward. I know that bands cost a lot. I know airfare is crazy. But in a year where we were told that this is a make or break year....why bring bands over that are not huge draws?? Sure bands like Darkane and Suidakra are bands that will hold bring in the people who are on the fence or are flying in. But the whole thing about saying that most of us will be complaining about the friday line up leads me to beleive that this whole fest is riding on two bands. to me that isnt what a fest is about. Sure the after parties is a big thing...but I focus my judgement on the bands that are making this fest.

It is going to be Testament and Iced Earth selling the tickets. I have always been positive about that. I think that was two great choices for headliners. It is the mid-level bands that I have been vocal about.

I know that lots of people here wont speak up but will in email or PM's. I would rather be honest and straight forward. I know that bands cost a lot. I know airfare is crazy. But in a year where we were told that this is a make or break year....why bring bands over that are not huge draws?? Sure bands like Darkane and Suidakra are bands that will hold bring in the people who are on the fence or are flying in. But the whole thing about saying that most of us will be complaining about the friday line up leads me to beleive that this whole fest is riding on two bands. to me that isnt what a fest is about. Sure the after parties is a big thing...but I focus my judgement on the bands that are making this fest.
I think Iced Earth first Barlow appearance is the only real draw to get people to fly in. There just aren't many that would fly in for Suidakra, Darkane, and Chaoswave without that big named headliner.

Britt

But the whole thing about saying that most of us will be complaining about the friday line up leads me to beleive that this whole fest is riding on two bands.

Most of YOU...the few who post on this forum will be complaining...not most of the metal fans who live in the Chicago area who support & appreciate many types of metal!!

Uh...hello!!! Our target audience is Chicago metal fans...out of towners are just the bonus!!

Why must I constatly repeat myself?! Eh!! :rolleyes:

I understand but I wish there was a more solid lineup from top to bottom. Not that they all have to be Power Metal bands like I express my greatest interest in, for instance I am extremely interested in Suidakra even though I have heard very little. Even with what I said earlier, I decided that I will show up and watch all bands just as I do at ProgPower, but if I dont like them then I will find an area of the club to go to where the music is lower since there is no in and out policy at the Pearl Room.

What time can we expect the announcement?

I understand but I wish there was a more solid lineup from top to bottom. Not that they all have to be Power Metal bands like I express my greatest interest in, for instance I am extremely interested in Suidakra even though I have heard very little. Even with what I said earlier, I decided that I will show up and watch all bands just as I do at ProgPower, but if I dont like them then I will find an area of the club to go to where the music is lower since there is no in and out policy at the Pearl Room.

What time can we expect the announcement?

Well, then there's a very good chance that you may actually like 1/2 of the remaining bands for Friday. As I said, one of the bands has a keyboardist. ;)

Announcement will most likely be made about mid-day.