Iced Earth Update From BWBK

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
Check out this report from Mark Groman at BWBK magazine on Iced Earth and the new album Revelation Abomination Part Two.

The rejuvenated Iced Earth will be unveiled May 2nd, at Powerfest, in Chicago. “We’ll probably just play the new single (‘I Walk Alone’),” says Schaffer of newbies in the set. “I don’t like hitting the fans with too much new (unreleased) stuff. It’s sort of kills the vibe of the show. Especially with Matt coming back, we’re focusing on a little bit of Stormrider (not much), The Dark Saga, Something Wicked and some Horrorshow stuff.” Asked about Framing Armageddon tunes, he adds, “We’ll have to kick it around in rehearsal. ‘Setian Massacre’ was always killer to do live. ‘10,000 Strong’, probably, but I don’t know about ‘Charge.’ Depends on the length of the show. Not that it’s a slow song, but it’s more ballad-like. I don’t want to do too many of those songs if we’re doing 45 minutes. ‘We’ll do ‘Melancholy’ and ‘Watching Over Me’ and the rest will be balls out! We have several shows throughout the summer and we’re booking two weeks of dates around the ProgPower festival. As of now, we have about 30 shows in the can.

Read the rest here
http://www.bravewords.com/features/1000508