MATT BARLOW RETIRES FROM ICED EARTH

Contrary to seemingly popular opinion Iced Earth is not dying. In fact if you look through the IE history their best work comes when everyone considers them dead. Jon is going to come back with one king hell awesome album and I trust that he will find a more then suitable vocalist to carry on the Iced Earth legacy! :headbang:

Contrary to seemingly popular opinion Iced Earth is not dying. In fact if you look through the IE history their best work comes when everyone considers them dead. Jon is going to come back with one king hell awesome album and I trust that he will find a more then suitable vocalist to carry on the Iced Earth legacy! :headbang:

Urban breed

Bryant

I always viewed the IE thing as a part time thing for Barlow, or I should say temporary. His heart is with his family, and I respect that.

I really wouldn't be upset if Ripper came back for a tour...

Like you're the only one in the forum who buys albums...

He is. EVERYONE ELSE HERE IS A DOWNLOADING THIEF. :Smug:

I'm sure he would hate to see the fact that I own not only every IE album on cd, but every one on vinyl too, save for Something Wicked This Way Comes, simply because I can't find it for less than 100 bucks (although I did pay 130 for Burnt Offerings on vinyl). He turns every thread that involves the purchasing of cds into a "I'm better than you" thread.

Yep. There was usually 3 airports involved. Quite tiring and then a strapping young lad of a friendly disposition confronts you. Best to be meek and polite :saint:

Anyway, I've offended the resident asshole and it's only Wednesday. Think I'll put on the Q2K cd as a reward.

:lol:

But he is!!
But quite quiet at ProgPower, though... :lol: But a bit nicer believe it or not.

Yep. There was usually 3 airports involved. Quite tiring and then a strapping young lad of a friendly disposition confronts you. Best to be meek and polite :saint:

Anyway, I've offended the resident asshole and it's only Wednesday. Think I'll put on the Q2K cd as a reward.

I don't get offended, hah, just making an observation. You aren't the only person keeping the music industry afloat, so please, stop acting like you are.

:lol:
I was friendly, wasn't I?

All joking aside, you making down this year?

So hey, out of curiosity, don't even know if you can announce it or not, but will Matt be on this album, or will the new guy?

I believe the idea is to find a killer singer and feature him on the new album, then tour to support it this Fall.

Matt will be part of Iced Earth through all of the summer festival shows. But the new singer will be on the upcoming album and world tour.

I appreciate the positive comments about this (admittedly) big change for Iced Earth. I'm looking forward to the new album. A new singer, a new resolve to prove he's still got it in him, and a new tour could really revitalize Iced Earth and energize the fans.

Looks like Jon has been once again:
2qbf3h0.jpg