Motorhead, Neil Turbin confirmed for 2005 Monterrey Metal Fest

M1

Threatcon Delta Force
Feb 12, 2002
New York
Visit site
From Blabbermouth.net

Original ANTHRAX Singer To Headline Second Stage At Mexico's MONTERREY METAL FEST - Feb. 7, 2005

Original ANTHRAX vocalist Neil Turbin has been confirmed as the second-stage headliner at the 2005 Monterrey Metal Fest.

The 2005 Monterrey Metal Fest will be held on Saturday, May 28 at the Auditorio Coca Cola in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.

Neil Turbin is the vocalist featured on ANTHRAX's 1984 debut CD, "Fistful of Metal", which contained such classic songs as "Metal Thrashing Mad", "Deathrider" and "Soldiers of Metal".

In addition, he co-wrote lyrics and melodies for the ANTHRAX songs "Armed and Dangerous" and "Gung Ho", which appeared on the "Spreading the Disease" CD, and "Raise Hell", which was included on the "Armed and Dangerous" EP.

Neil Turbin will be playing a set of early ANTHRAX classics and originals from his debut CD, "Threatcon Delta".

The first edition of the Monterrey Metal Fest was held last year on November 13 and featured TWISTED SISTER (headliner), DIO, QUIET RIOT, DOKKEN, HATEBREED, SHAMAN and CAGE.

MOTÖRHEAD have been confirmed as the main-stage headliner of the 2005 edition of the festival.

To visit the official festival web site, click here.
MMFII.jpg

Hell fuckin yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil, that's great mang! I'm so excited for you brother and a perfect fit I must say. God I hope you and the band can make it to SLC sometime soon but for the meantime, keep slaying the crowds and making some great metal Neil. Also, is there a update on a 2nd NT album? Anywho, I'll get back to you again soon my brother, peace and chicken grease

Sincerely,

August "AugDawg" Witzgall:headbang:

Priest_Hammer said:
:OMG: I didn't even know that Neil Turbin released a solo record. When did this come out? At any rate, it sounds kool. Now I wonder if he'll make a Stateside appearance.

Yes he did, it's been out for alittle over a year now and it's called ThreatCom Delta, and here is a link to buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4702375910&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

You won't regret it, tunes like "Keep the Fire", "Cutt to the chase", "Piece of me", "The truth is the best lie", great album no doubt! AugDawg's rating 8 out of 10! Neils vocals are great throughout and the band behind does a great job. You can also purchase it from Neils website.

Peace,

AugDawg

kittybeast said:
Way to go Neil! Looking forward to seeing you and the new line up! will have to miss Mexico show but will keep an eye out for some CA shows! \m/

Hey what's up KitKat,

Long time no chit chat :(

Sorry I missed you and Pabla Sat. nite

Hit me up on the next one.

Metal Thrashing Regards,
Nt \m/><\m/

Hey, It was a great show here in monterrey! Im realy glad I saw both dates!.. I also got the chance to meet some guys of the band at the PreParty and AfterParty... real cool guys!... your music is great... hope to see you again here...

great show, even with the sound problems, it was great....

Here's two shoots of the band onstage.. a little far but hey the heat was too much to be in the direct sunlight..

Anthrax291.jpg

Anthrax290.jpg