Motorhead Stage Fright 2006

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Motorhead-Stage Fright
By: Ruben “Iron Fist” Mosqueda

You’ll probably never hear the words breath taking and Motorhead used in the same sentence, except for this one time. Motorhead have issued their 30th Anniversary double DVD set, it’s the complete show taped in Dusseldorf on December 7th, 2004. The title is Stage Fright and it was shot using 23 HD cameras, no joke, you’ll instantly be able to tell that Lemmy and Co. really thought this through. There are some shots of the band and the audience that might even make you suffer a seizure or give you motion sickness! There are angles that I haven’t seen before in a concert setting. You rarely ever see any of the cameras! Trust me, just like Metallica’s Cunning Stunts, this DVD is groundbreaking, you truly have not seen anything like this before. Motorhead culled 20 tracks from the 30 year career for this set and there isn’t a dud in the bunch. Lemmy intros some of the tracks in true Lemmy fashion, with that Brit humor that we know so well now. There is an awkward moment in the set, it comes when they return for the encore and perform “Whorehouse Blues,” Lemmy appears to be uncomfortable, which is something that I haven’t ever witnessed. For the first time, he stands, with no bass guitar strapped on the mic is pointed directed at his mouth, unlike the trademark downward setting. He does lay down some mean blues harp. Could it be that our rock ‘n roll icon had a case of Stage Fright? Who knows? It could have inspired the title? Either way, it was a good performance and you get the standards on here; “Overkill,” “Ace of Spades,” “Iron Fist,” “Killed By Death,” and many more.
Bonus material on DVD One is blow by blow commentary by the band, the stories and analysis is priceless. There is also the now standard Stereo and 5.1 mixes of the show. DVD Two takes a look into the life with Motorhead, interviews with Lemmy, Phil and Mikkey Dee, as well, as their road crew. You also get a peek into Motorhead’s sound check, the road crew, the fans and a DVD Rom portion that allows you to access “Life’s A Bitch” ringer for your cell, Motorhead wallpaper for your pc and cell and a gallery of Motorhead at Wrestlemania in L.A. How’s that for you? A well rounded package, more bang for your metal buck! The two DVD set clocks in at approximately 4 hours of Motorhead rock ‘n roll. I almost forgot,Stage Frightis one of the most breath taking DVD’s I have seen. I applaud SPV unleashing such a high quality product and Motorhead for the 30 years in metal and counting.

I don't get it mate. Why wouldn't you hear "breath taking" and "Motorhead" in the same sentence? I'm sure I've heard it countless times before.

I've read your posts before over the years, and you didn't write that did you (no offence BTW just a guess). I stopped reading it when it said Metallica's horrendous Cunning Stunts was "groundbreaking". Groundbreakingly shite perhaps.