Motu 896HD interface?

Line Level Recordings

New Metal Member
Jun 29, 2009
still on the look out for a new interface upgrade from my presonus firestudio project.

i came across a good deal for a Motu 896HD interface

what are you thoughts guys?
looking foreward to hearing them

thanks for your time!:kickass:

I strongly considered it but ultimately went for a Profire2626 instead. Machinated uses one here and digs it, I know him well enough to know he's picky about good sound so it can't be half bad IMO, without using it myself. I don't know if the pres or converters are the same as in my 8Pre, but that unit has been solid for me since the day I got it and I really have 0 complaints about it.

All of my work is done using the 896HD go to my website and check it out. All done with the preamps on board. The first song that plays "piano music" isnt me. Its just something that is soft that doesn't blow your eardrums out when you load my page. Click the down arrow next to "Recent Projects" to select an individual project. My most liked project I have recorded is Brutus and the Pontiacs.
www.ccauthen.com

i dont know ... the profire, this motu unit and the RME fireface 800 are fighting in my brain.

156wsub.jpg

i just dont want to end up pullin this shit hahaha

All of my work is done using the 896HD go to my website and check it out. All done with the preamps on board. The first song that plays "piano music" isnt me. Its just something that is soft that doesn't blow your eardrums out when you load my page. Click the down arrow next to "Recent Projects" to select an individual project. My most liked project I have recorded is Brutus and the Pontiacs.
www.ccauthen.com

wow nice stuff man

how does the motu 8pre rank up with your unit, personaly?

Yes for all of it. Using a paid/legit version of SX3 on my G5

haha yea sorry i edited my response cause my response was stupid cause you already said it was just the unit.

but the deal i ran into with the 896HD ran away :(
so i was going to ask you about the motu 8pre :loco:

lol but it would be better then a presonus firestudio project..right? hah