New interface time! Again!

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
All right ditched the 003 rack, money/friend issues.

So i've got 500-600 on a new interface. I was initially thinking presonus but right now I'm turned on to the focusrite saffire 40. the DSP and plugs seem awesome.

Either way I'd like 8 decent pres (i'll be getting behringer ADA8000 for triggers), decent converters and awesome stability. Used is cool too.

options

presonus firestudio
MOTU 8 pre
Focusrite saffire 40
Profire 2626 (lots of blue screen threads scare me tho, had that issue with fast track ultra)

I got a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 about a month ago and its pretty damn awesome.

pres and conversion are good, drivers are solid (under OS X at least, i don't have an audio-dedicated Windows install at the moment so i can't comment on that).

the LED meters on each of the 8 channels are pretty cool to have.

I vote Saffire Pro 40, absolutely flawless performance since I got it a year ago. Di works, Mics work, Reamping works, nice routing options, adat, spdif, blah blah... it's good.

I'm kinda in the same boat here. I can't justify the price difference in the 2626 and FF400 for the slight quality difference, leaving me stuck to choose between the Saffire Pro 40 and the 2626.

Anyone tried both? How do they compare?

Signing on for this thread! Looking for a new interface aswell and have the same options you do! However i won't be triggering anything. The main use will be recording vocals and using the DI's for guitars/bass into VST amp sims/podfarm.

i'm running profire 2626 on intel E8400 machine with win xp sp3 along with two TC electronic powercore cards and SSL duende card.
never had a single problem. and for the expansion in the future i'm thinking of getting another 2626.

I love my Saffire Pro 40! Everything said above is 100% spot on. God damn things got 0 latency for days!!

The FX Plugins are really nice to. Loving the compressor and even the amp sim on bass tracks!!

I'm considering a 2nd one :)

The Pres are fucking 100% transparent, amazing how much my re-amp tones improved when I got it!!

Oh and I forgot to mention the routing options ..... the are fucking LIMITLESS! You could literally use the onscreen mixer as a live mixer with the right setup. Its the best interface in its price range for sure!

Im running it under Win7 ultimate and its been flawless!

I love my Saffire Pro 40! Everything said above is 100% spot on. God damn things got 0 latency for days!!

The FX Plugins are really nice to. Loving the compressor and even the amp sim on bass tracks!!

I'm considering a 2nd one :)

The Pres are fucking 100% transparent, amazing how much my re-amp tones improved when I got it!!

Oh and I forgot to mention the routing options ..... the are fucking LIMITLESS! You could literally use the onscreen mixer as a live mixer with the right setup. Its the best interface in its price range for sure!

Im running it under Win7 ultimate and its been flawless!

I think my mind is made up now. Thanks everyone!

If you have any questions hit me up!

Oh initial setup can be a little hectic as the onscreen interface looks confusing as hell till you RTFM. I highly highly recommend reading the PDF on the Focusrite website. :)

Also make sure yours has a driver and plugins CD in the box!! Mine didnt have one...lol But Focusrite over-nighted one to me :)

Focusrite saffire 40 seems like an option for me hehe

Thinking about ditching my profire 2626.... to many problems with it in windows 7, but in xp sp3 i just get the normal blue screen errors from time to time which is a bummer!

Focusrite saffire 40 seems like an option for me hehe

Thinking about ditching my profire 2626.... to many problems with it in windows 7, but in xp sp3 i just get the normal blue screen errors from time to time which is a bummer!

Damn, all the reviews I see are split 50/50 as to whether the 2626 works or not. Its making it damn hard to decide although I was initially set on the profire.

Would you mind elaborating on the problems you're having with it in windows 7? also what kind of firewire chip/DAW are you using?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw your thread man.

Damn, all the reviews I see are split 50/50 as to whether the 2626 works or not. Its making it damn hard to decide although I was initially set on the profire.

Would you mind elaborating on the problems you're having with it in windows 7? also what kind of firewire chip/DAW are you using?

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw your thread man.

The two major issues i found when researching the 2626 were BSODs in Windows and Latency drift.

a lot of users seemed to be getting a different latency every time they hit the record button.

everythign i read on it, and the seemingly non-existant support from M-Audio was an instant turn-off for me.

Just bought two saffire 40 units with Beyerdynamic DT770 phones. AWesomeeee

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said bro any questions just let me know!

1110735011_l.jpg