Motu Zbox, it works !!!

How cheapo of a DI are we talking about? Most cheap DI boxes have a really low input impedance.

I would be interested to see how it compares to a 1MOhm DI on an interface or nice DI box.

They are cheap enough...I might have to grab one and see...

meh. im not sure how this is supposed to be different from the hi z instrument input on my profire... or any interface for that matter.

like whats the difference between hi z... and hi z?

I guess its just another brand of d.i box designed specifically for use with audio interfaces. what is the 1/4 output jack? a balanced line signal? or hi z instrument?

ZBox’s unique advantage? Authentic matching circuits that emulate the two-jack switching network found on many classic amplifiers, complete with analog simulation of the input tube grid.

So it looks like it is designed specifically with digital modelling in mind, as it simulates the input grid of the amp. So it would be no good for those re-amping I suspect.
I don't understand why they have it going out to a hi-z input on the interface. I suppose you can't go into the line in because it's not adding any gain, but I thought it would make more sense to go into the mic in.

seems useless to me. if you have an interface with a hi z instrument input, I dont see how this is any different.

its typical of manufacturers to take advantage of less experienced consumers. its the bread and butter of the industry.

seems useless to me. if you have an interface with a hi z instrument input, I dont see how this is any different.

Exactly. Just make sure to purchase an interface with a Hi Z input from the start if you know you're going to be recording guitars into a modeler. But for those without a Hi Z input, this is a cheap work around.