motW's Greg Massi: already a celebrity

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
Interviewing a guy for our (now defunct!) roommate-space last week, it was mentioned that he attended Providence College. so of course I asked if he knew Greg, and he said No.

"Oh, come on," I said. "Big tall guy with long black hair, beard, glasses..."

his eyes widened.

"Didn't he play...uh...bass? in the school band or something? And always wore CRAZY T SHIRTS?"

similar conversations happened with my roommate in Philly a few years back (PC graduate...her comment was: "Oh, he always looked like he might be very...nice...") and a random PC kid I met at a party once.

I don't think I was especially memorable in college. :(

i don't know--they all blend together in my memory now!

maybe you would recognize him: 5'10" ish white guy, normal build with a little belly, wears jeans and t-shirts? brown hair?

xfer said:
i don't know--they all blend together in my memory now!

maybe you would recognize him: 5'10" ish white guy, normal build with a little belly, wears jeans and t-shirts? brown hair?

well you just described a good chunk of the kids i went to school with. frankly they all can remember me but i can't remember most of the them, maybe thats some kind of telling statement about individuality or just a glorifed pat on the back for my personality but whatever, if it leads to a thread of people giving me props its all good.

its funny how being myself may have endeared my image to my fellow students but it surely didn't get me dates. well there was that one sorta date i suppose but that never worked out.

funny side note, i was talking to my friend melissa for the first time in months and she recalled that the first time she talked to me was to ask me if i was the guy in pep band when we were in english class together and she swears to this day that I said "Yes" but with a mean growl.

I keep telling her that i wasn't growling but just feeling very heartbroken and sad on that day as i recall.

also yesterday at breakfast i was introduced to this guy from bank of america and he saw i was wearing my PC longsleeve polo shirt and he said "i like that PC shirt!" to which i responded that i went there and his eyes widened and he said "did you play guitar in the band?"

apparently he goes to every PC home game and remembers me even though the last game i played at was back in 2000!