off-topic lost a good friend (Greg dedication thread)

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
A good friend of mine died on Sat. May 30. He died in a car wreck probably raising hell !! Greg Fonder was a good guy who loved metal music and loved life. He will be missed.
Greg was a good friend of mine. I had known him for probably 15 years or so. He would come over to the house and bring his guitar and amp and we would jam as well as play Madden football. Greg is probably the only man in the world (besides my Dad and Granpa) that has ever kissed me as well. No Greg wasn't gay, nor am I but one of his "jokes" was to grab my head when I was turned at a profile and kiss me on the cheek. He never wore a beard, nor it seemed he ever shaved. He always stuffed that rough face of his on my cheek, gave a loud smack then with a near toothless grin said "I love you Bryant" in a scruffy voice.
Greg was a warrior of metal. He loved Tad Morose, Slayer and many bands that featured thrash guiter riffs and double bass. I even taqught him some Metal Church years and years back. He will be missed.

Bryant

Bryant said:
A good friend of mine died on Sat. May 30. He died in a car wreck probably raising hell !! Greg Fonder was a good guy who loved metal music and loved life. He will be missed.
Greg was a good friend of mine. I had known him for probably 15 years or so. He would come over to the house and bring his guitar and amp and we would jam as well as play Madden football. Greg is probably the only man in the world (besides my Dad and Granpa) that has ever kissed me as well. No Greg wasn't gay, nor am I but one of his "jokes" was to grab my head when I was turned at a profile and kiss me on the cheek. He never wore a beard, nor it seemed he ever shaved. He always stuffed that rough face of his on my cheek, gave a loud smack then with a near toothless grin said "I love you Bryant" in a scruffy voice.
Greg was a warrior of metal. He loved Tad Morose, Slayer and many bands that featured thrash guiter riffs and double bass. I even taqught him some Metal Church years and years back. He will be missed.

Bryant

Sorry to hear that. I know exactly how you feel. I think it's cool you celebrated his life. I didn't learn that until I lost a good friend and watched his parents celebrate his life. It's funny how much easier it was to handle that way.

sorry about that bryant, may his family and friends have strength to get through it. a loss of someone you love is never easy, and it's hard for really anything to help. just remember how im sure hed want you and everybody else he knows to live a long happy life, may greg rock in peace :headbang:

I'm so sorry to hear that. I don't know what to say that hasn't already been eloquently expressed by others, but know that I will be sending positive vibes to you and Greg's family.

Steph

Image27a.jpg

Bryant