A little off-topic.... Gunter werno to perform with Kamelot @ PP USA V

Bryant

Mr. Sleepy
Apr 14, 2002
Sweet home Alabama
Visit site
It seems as though Gunter Werno (keyboardist for Vanden Plas) will be special guest once again on keys for Kamelot at PPV just as he was at PPII. I am going to have to get Urban and Gunter at the same place at the same time for a picture. Two members from two of my favorite bands would rock. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
it will also be Gunter's birthday, and like any self respecting German, Gunter loves a good beer so I think a nice little party is in the making. Woo-hoo !!

Bryant

Bryant said:
It seems as though Gunter Werno (keyboardist for Vanden Plas) will be special guest once again on keys for Kamelot at PPV just as he was at PPII. I am going to have to get Urban and Gunter at the same place at the same time for a picture. Two members from two of my favorite bands would rock. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
it will also be Gunter's birthday, and like any self respecting German, Gunter loves a good beer so I think a nice little party is in the making. Woo-hoo !!

Bryant
:lol: ...sorry, I just had to chuckle a little at the title of the thread, Bryant...this is probably one of the more "on topic" messages we've had on the board in a little while...

:Smokin:

Rakosh said:
:lol: ...sorry, I just had to chuckle a little at the title of the thread, Bryant...this is probably one of the more "on topic" messages we've had on the board in a little while...

:Smokin:

Well Gunter isn't affiliated with Tad Morose so I don't consider that to be "on topic" but I suppose looking back on my odd style of "stream of concioussness" posting, it's about as onj-topic as I do. :loco:

Bryant

dargormudshark said:
who else would play keys for them, he always does anyway. Maybe he could play for tad morose too. TIME OF NO SUN!!!!!!

He's pretty bad-ass so it probably wouldn't take him much time to learn anything. Being a Vanden Plas fan, I suppose I am a bit biased, but in my ears, Gunter is the best musician in that band and one of the best in the world. I don't know that TM song, but I will eventyually get their back catalog.

Bryant

dargormudshark said:
I like Stephan Lill playing alot, especially his tone which is the best. I will agree that Gunter is the best in the band.

Yeah I like Lill's playing as well. His tone for the solo of "Cold Wind" blows me away. I am glad you mentioned that. I also like Andreas, Andy and Torsten. They are all borderline great musicians. I just think Gunter is truly elite. I guess it's because I'm really not a fan of keys. I liked the early Yngwie stuff with Jens playing, but I don't really enjoy much keyboard work. Gunter is the exception. His playing and his choice of tones are incredible.

I didn't know you knew vanden Plas. That's cool !! You have good taste my young friend.

Bryant

Vanden Plas is one of the main reasons I went last year, considering I did'nt like Nightwish yet.

Solo wise with tone and all that, "Healing Tree" is one of the best solos ever. Even though I play guitar and can be critical most of my favorite solos are pretty easy.

dargormudshark said:
Vanden Plas is one of the main reasons I went last year, considering I did'nt like Nightwish yet.

Solo wise with tone and all that, "Healing Tree" is one of the best solos ever. Even though I play guitar and can be critical most of my favorite solos are pretty easy.

What do yoyu think about Jorn Viggo Lofstat of Pagans Mind ? He kicked my butt live and on CD !! I really love Lill as VP is my favorite band, but I think even with Lill and Romeo playing on the same stage, Lofstat was the guitar God of PPIV. Do you know Pagans Mind's music ?

Bryant

Bryant said:
What do yoyu think about Jorn Viggo Lofstat of Pagans Mind ? He kicked my butt live and on CD !! I really love Lill as VP is my favorite band, but I think even with Lill and Romeo playing on the same stage, Lofstat was the guitar God of PPIV. Do you know Pagans Mind's music ?

Bryant

Yeah, don't have any cd's though. If I'm in the mood for them I'll pick some up at Progpower. I caught the rythem guitarist's sweat towel! :headbang: