Movie 43: Are my friends and I simply retarded?

Talking Backwards

Senior Citizen
Oct 5, 2009
It's one of the worst reviewed comedies to come out in a very long while, where most, but not all of the comedies that come out of Hollywood are critically panned to begin with. I pretty much stay as far away from those typical comedies as much as I can, since the average low-brow physical humor or redneck/gutter-trash garbage doesn't really do anything for me.

I saw the previews for Movie 43 when it was about to hit the theaters, and thought that it looked like something I would want to watch. I then did some research on it and found out about the Farrelly brother's involvement with it as well as others who worked on There's Something About Mary (one of my favorite comedies of all time). Then it finally hit theaters and got critically slammed, so I decided to simply wait until it was avalable to rent.

I have not laughed at a movie this much since There's Something About Mary, and was wondering if the critics and general public just didn't get it, or if my sense of humor was that off-kilter. So I decided to have three of my best friends watch it, none of which had much in common aside from our age group. And they all loved it. So it makes me wonder if expectations or age was a factor, or if my generation is just considered socially and mentally retarded by today's standards. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VneW1vtcWY

I dunno, but I laughed my ass off at that trailer. It's cruel, crude humor, but it's fucking funny...a helluva lot funnier than The Hangovers.

I feel pretty much the same way about Freddy Got Fingered, even though I'll admit it's borderline retarded and deserving of the universal panning it received upon release.

I watched Movie 43, and while it's definitely a stupid movie, it's probably one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I spit out my hot chocolate when I saw the home schooling scene.