Movie Soundtracks

Evil Dead

Hail to the King baby
Mar 19, 2002
Kansas City
Something non political or about Anthrax that everyone can have fun with!

So I watched two totally awesome 80's movies today. My X rated version of Robocop (for violence) and Conan. The thing that stands out most about these pieces of classic cheese is that the soundtracks are pretty amazing. The Conan one could easily be one of the best I've heard. The same guy did the Robocop one so no wonder I love that one too. Basil Pledouris made the soundtracks for those movies along other good ones like Les Miserables and Starship Troopers.

So what movies have the best soundtracks in your opinion? There are heavy hitters like John Williams, Danny Elfman, and Vangelis. All those guys have very famous soundtracks but I'm not huge fans.. Conquest of Paradise was good by Vangelis..and Star Wars..well..

1. Last of the Mohicans - Some dudes

Every song on this CD is excellent

2. Robocop - Basil Pledouris
Good ole proud to be a ass kicking american robot of death music

3. Conan The Barbarian - Basil Pledouris
One of the best soundtracks ever. Funny, the director was going to use 80's pop instead...imagine....

4. Glory - James Horner
A Call To Arms..Charging Ft. Wagner. Perfect for the movie.

5. Star Wars - John Williams
I am not going to even explain

6. The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly - Ennio Morricone
You might not have ever seen the movie, but you know the music

Others didn't bring a total package in my opinion. Stuff like :
Indiana Jones - Excellent signature song
Conquest of Paradise - Opening song only good one
Transformers - Had tons of potential, soundtrack ruined by inclusion of some pop rock band that I cannot think of the name right now.

If I sat down and started at all my movies I am sure I could find something else. I like John Carpenter movie soundtracks, I like the old italian horror ones (Zombi), Rambo, Terminator, Dune, etc etc. And I am not even including the soundtracks that aren't composed..just a bunch of songs slapped together. I don't think that counts. It takes a special something to match the music to a movie. The music can make the entire movie. Think Halloween, Psycho..etc etc. How many movies suck (Robocop) but are saved by the music (or gore!) :headbang:

I liked Predator's and Total Recall's soundtracks.

Last of the Mohicans, Robocop and Conan The Barbarian soundtracks are top notch.

He produced the music for all of his films. Most memorable, of course, being the one-handed sequence on piano for "Halloween." Even "Vampires" had a good track, albeit shorter than most of his films.

Jurched

The escape from LA movie had some good tunes, as did that movie about Mars..I forget it's exact name without googling it.

The Crow soundtrack was very good. The Escape From LA soundtrack was better than the movie, by far. The soundtrack for that movie Dee Snider made was real good.
Anyone who mentions the Vision Quest soundtrack should be shunned forever!

Did John Carpenter do Ghosts of Mars ?

I thought a particular A-named band did the soundtrack for that movie. :)

Bram Stoker's Dracula OST by Wojciech Kilar is amazing...

b7fb820dd7a0760370cde010.L.jpg

Gladiator OST by Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard...

51WuxWV1%2B5L._SS500_.jpg

As you can see, I'm a huge fan of movie soundtracks. IMO they have some of the best music ever written.