Soundtracks, Scores

I haven't seen it, but it sounds fascinatng, especially since I've done lucid dreaming myself. Was this a documentary-type film, or was it just purely experimental?

Rose Immortal said:
I haven't seen it, but it sounds fascinatng, especially since I've done lucid dreaming myself. Was this a documentary-type film, or was it just purely experimental?

It wasn't a documentary, but it was filmed somewhat like one you might say, except every frame was animated in a totally innovative way. Some might say it's supposed to appeal to people on drugs, and maybe that's the case, but I tend to think not, and either way it adds to the abstract atmosphere. For example if a guy is walking down a hall, you'll probably see the background shifting and moving around.

I guess you could say it's experimental. It doesn't have a plot or even characters really. What goes on is this, the only consistent person you see throughout the movie, who's name you never hear mentioned, basically listens to a bunch of people telling him these things dealing with life's sort of mysteries.

You'd probably like it if you have an interest in lucid dreaming as I do myself as well.

Odysseus,
That film sounds really cool. I've always been fascinated by dreams and their mysterious nature. Is it an indie film, or where could one find it?

Arglebargle,
Check out their website - www.esposthumus.com - they have a little streamed video showing them conducting a LIVE orchestra during the recording sessions. There's also choices of music to play while you're on the site.

While I'm here, just thought of another song. Anyone like the Requiem for a Dream score? One of the tracks, I think "the beginning of the end," was used in a LOTR The Two Towers trailer. THAT is one killer song, just begs to be played nice and loud on a stereo. It's just thunderous. Anyone who likes the dark, bold, epic pieces will love this one.

greenaxer said:
While I'm here, just thought of another song. Anyone like the Requiem for a Dream score? One of the tracks, I think "the beginning of the end," was used in a LOTR The Two Towers trailer. THAT is one killer song, just begs to be played nice and loud on a stereo. It's just thunderous. Anyone who likes the dark, bold, epic pieces will love this one.

OMG OMG! I love that piece. I can't believe I forgot about it. Very powerful piece indeed. It was played during LoTR: TTT trailers frequently. And yes, anyone who liked dark, bold, epic pieces will love this, A LOT. This piece also serves great as an introduction into the orchestral/symphonic styles of music.

Haha, after I click reply I am going to play it :D ....

greenaxer said:
Odysseus,
That film sounds really cool. I've always been fascinated by dreams and their mysterious nature. Is it an indie film, or where could one find it?

I'm pretty sure it is an indie film. I've been told it can be found at best buy for like $10 I think, but it's probably also available at most video stores.

I saw Requiem For A Dream once, and that was more than enough. It was so well done that I never want to see it again. It kinda creeped the hell outta me probably partly because I was in a hospital at the time. The music was just as powerfully haunting as the movie from what I remember.