Favorite Soundtracks

The Fountain
Svid Neger
The Proposition (Nick Cave and Warren Ellis)
Requiem for a Dream
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Danny the Dog
Schindlers List

I have to check out the Village soundtrack now...

Peter Gabriel makes the best fucking soundtracks ever. Check out his shit for Alan Parker's "Birdy" and Martin Scorsese's "The Last Temptation of Christ". All very otherworldly, textured, meditative, and gorgeous music. Not to mention it just kicks arse.

I also love the sountracks to Lord of the Rings and of course Scarface for the 80s magic.

lol at the south park soundtrack, trey parker writes some hilarious songs. I've always like the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. But pretty much everything by Kubrick- 2001, shining, clockwork, etc, Darren Aronofsky- requiem for a dream, the fountain and of course Ulver's soundtracks are soundtracks that come to mind; I can think of heaps, but those are the ones that a spin fairly often aside from them being some of my favorite movies. There are some pretty good mentions here, I could keep going for ages but looking at my dvds these are some that pop out: donnie darko, children of men, fight club, run lola run, amelie, american beauty, rosemarys baby, snatch, silence of the lambs, once upon a time in america, psycho, the exorcist and the prestige.