moving out, biatches

bobvex

Teh Forum Fuhrer
Sep 16, 2002
finally getting my own place. its a one bedroom, in a small hallway type thing (with apartments off of the sides) the land lord is an eccentric old greek lady named athena. im really excited, its close to downtown, and about 3 blocks from all the good concert venues. its comes with its own entertainment cabinet. some big old wooden thing wiht spaces for a VCR, TV, Stereo, and all that shit. this is great.

im excited

im looking at another place today, but that place yesterday was PERFECT for me. . .
so, who needs a place to stay in denver on October 24th :D

just got back from looking at the other place. . .and it didnt scream out at me like the other place did, but it was still nice. but the fucking rooms were reversed, so thats annoying. the bed room is in the back, but the closet is in the front, but the living room is in the front too. . .strange.

but its more expensive, and im more scared about getting my gear stolen, becasue the other place had bars on the window, and a bunch of doors to get through. this place has no security system, one weak door, and no bars on the windows. . .

StratoxDeath said:
You better get it... *shakes fist* :p
amy wants the one we saw today. . .the bland one. . with professionals on all sides of me. . .i want the one with character, bars, a buzz in phone, and a bigger space. . . .

delt said:
you'll see that earphones are the greatest invention of humankind (after guitars) when you want to play at 3 am..... :D

who is amy?
and i have a POD :D

amy is current girlie friend.. .though we are having too much trouble so. . not for much longer. . :(

here are the pros and cons of both places. . .

1)pros, a single guy's house, newly polished wood floors, new paint, security windows (bars on ground levels), a buzz in system, a BIG living area, a good size bed room, a good size kitchen. LOTS OF CABINETS heat and water paid. no flooding. not direct street access. neighbors are more of my peer group. . .although "gangsta-fied." Party space. Pets allowed $550 a month + $?? Deposit

(Cons) Smells like smoke, is in a somewhat iffy neighborhood, but safe im sure. not direct street access. possible gang activity going through the whole house. . .

2) pros - clean, nice neighborhood, cats allowed, dogs maybe. big bathroom. BIG bedroom, good size living area. Direct street access new windows (no bars)

Cons - no buzz in, only one door to get through. low ceiling. rooms are reversed (main closet is in the livng area, no closet in the bedroom), small kitchen. its right on the street. its a basement. seems very bland. Neighbors are probably uptight professionals.

If the second one looks more "decent" and it's the same price, then choose the second one (tho it's really up to you). The other pad might have windows with bars for a reason... :err:

I wouldn't want to live in a place with smoke smell. "Thank you for not smoking." ;)

i'd get the nicer looking one. cause those bars are there for a reason, if they wanted to take your stuff, they'd just break in through the door when you arent home, and plus, you can piss of the business people at the nice one, but small kitchen..eh, that i dont like, but whatever you like best you should get. also, lucky bastard, getting to move out *shakes fist at you*

what's wrong with having your front door that opens directly outside? i have both doors (front and back) leading directly outside and i really like it. i dont like a big building with corridors and stairs, and a door inside for each appt....

> amy is current girlie friend.. .though we are having too much trouble so. .
> not for much longer. .

i've always admired your optimistic side :D kidding... that sucks =(

what does she look like?

I would advise against getting the one with gangstas and bars on the windows and gang activity and in a bad part of town. gangs are not good and probably annoying and could get you in trouble, also there are bars on windows for a reason. plus they could steal your stuff and if you play guitar too loud or something they could shoot your ass. you should probably get the one that is non bars and non gangsta. unless you wanna be a gangster. a metal guitar playing gangster.

the nicer place was 675 a month (too much, 600 is my limit). plus a 600 dollar deposit. :( but i just read about a really REALLY nice sounding (on paper) place, wood floors, good spaces and whatnot. its 525 a month. . .hopefully those people call me tomorrow.

Hey bob! :wave:

My advice to you is...keep "shopping".. Dont settle. If you are not in a rush that is to move out of your current place (ie:lease is expiring). You will know when you find the right one. The first one sounded bad to me...even though there are bars on the windows, as others have said, they are there for a reason and I dont think you should trust that area. Go with your gut instinct and you will know what I mean. Oh, also, when moving in, try to disguise your gear or move the gear in when its darker out. No matter what neighborhood you move into, if some asshole sees you with that gear, they will break in no matter what to get it. A friend of mine moved into a really nice neighborhood, (wealthier ppl type of area)a neighbor(-asshole!) saw him moving his gear in and stole it within one week!
I wish you lots of luck & happiness with your new place wherever it may be. ;)