MP3 Batch Taggers (ID3 Tag Editors)

Spike

Blinded By The Light...
Jul 15, 2001
Australia
K. I know this question has been asked more than once before, but I'm still yet to see a somewhat difinitive answer....

What (Free) MP3 Tag editors do you guys use, what are your experiences with them, and which would you say is the 'best' (if you've used more than 1. I personally am leaning towards Helium2 (Tag and rename Ed.) But it is the only one if used to date....

I only ask this 'cos I plan on going through my collection for the FINAL TIME and shortening the actual file names (after I lost approcimately 5GB of songs after backing up my musac on a friends HD and having the file names too long for the format he was using...... :mad: )

So yeah, the Tags themselves are more or less in good shape, I just need to rename and shorten OODLES of MP3 filenames.....

....And I jsut went to download Heleium again and it turns out that they've come out with a newer version. The old one has been taken off and the new one is NOT available for free.... now I'm really screwed. And now I REALLY need some suggestions about different Batch Tagger.....

......Frigg'n 'Ell :mad: