MP3 organizing/tagging

Question for iTunes people. I'm trying to get about 650 MB of songs onto a 700 MB CD-r, and I want them to go onto it as a data CD, not as an audio CD. How do I make it do that?

Thanks man. I keep forgetting there's a menu under "iTunes" in the top bar. I guess I'm still a bit used to windows where it starts with "File" and goes from there. But besides that, I've adjusted quite well to my Mac and love it.

I finally fixed my CD tagging dilemma in Winamp. For some reason their shitty CDDB/Gracenote service wasn't letting me retag anything from CDs, which are quite FUCKING OFTEN mistagged...it was a pain. But it is fixed.

I have my music saved on a seperate drive on the server for remote wireless access throughout the house (samba on linux).. this ensures I don't have to rely on an iPod while I'm using the laptop or not in my room.

Metal is formatted as
Code:
/!Metal/genre/subgenre/artist/(year) - album/artist - (track) - title.extention
(! in the name keeps it up in directory listing)

Non metal as,
Code:
/genre/artist/(year) - album/artist - (track) - title.extention

I add album covers as folder.jpg thumbnails of 400x400 size in each album's folder with lyrics added for each and every track. I use Amarok and Tag&Rename under windows (remotely) for most of my tagging. Very quick to operate and friendly once you get a hold of it.

Ok, so i have a small problem. I have an album here that I want to add to my Music Library ( Itunes in this case) but the file's are WMA and Itunes wont automatically convert it for me. also I cannot find a free converter on the internet or anything.

Help please? Btw Im on a mac

Ok, so i have a small problem. I have an album here that I want to add to my Music Library ( Itunes in this case) but the file's are WMA and Itunes wont automatically convert it for me. also I cannot find a free converter on the internet or anything.

Help please? Btw Im on a mac

Don't do that. WMA to MP3 is a conversion which compromises the sound quality. :erk:
Re-rip the album to MP3 or download it again.

Alternatively, find the album online and download @ 320kbps. If you've already bought it you can do so with a clean conscience.

Are you ripping from a CD? CD files aren't WMA's, they're CDA's.

If you just d/led it, be more careful when you d/l and only d/l files you know iTunes can handle. :p Alternatively, under prefs on iTunes there may be a file format thing where you can check off WMA as a trusted extension or something.

Then you're bugger'd. Download it again in mp3 format. God knows the internet is covered in the stuff.

I got a soundcard on Monday, so I can finally start listening to music on my computer again! Yay!

WMAs were pretty useful a few years ago, when memory was a lot more expensive relative to music. Going with the smaller format was a good idea, and then you could manually play the cds if you wanted high quality.