MP3 organizing/tagging

I'm getting back a ton of black results, so I dunno what your problem is :p

Hit me up on there though, this isn't the thread to talk about d/ling/whatever.

I had bittorrent but it took forever so I just use blogs now, but I buy for the most part.

Yeah, I use blogs as well. I had Soulseek but found it to be a pain fsr.

I have a 500GB drive mostly just for music using the ArtistAlbumTrack## TrackName system.

Yeah, same here. I have about 196 gigs filled so far. For tagging, I manually tag all my shit. Organized by genre/artist/album. I just use the five or so generic genre name; black, death, power, doom, thrash, etc.

ur gai
*edit* at Mathias

lolfoadjk

Black means there is no line...
:)

fuck, you're so patient, I'd have sent him the FAQ lol

another thing worth knowing

let's say you want to find To the Nameless Dead by Primordial.
Your search results will vary depending on what you put in
for some reason I've always found SLSK to hate dashes...
if you search "Primordial - To the Nameless Dead" you wont get as good results as if you searched "Primordial To the Nameless Dead", and it's usually worth searching "To the Nameless Dead" even just "Nameless Dead" or "Primordial" on their own, just run multiple search windows.

same thing with the wishlist, give it multiple variations (I've put artist, album, song title, in there, and sometimes artist results come up, sometimes the song in that album, but it didn't give me the whole album too like it should have, etc.

fuck, you're so patient, I'd have sent him the FAQ lol

another thing worth knowing

let's say you want to find To the Nameless Dead by Primordial.
Your search results will vary depending on what you put in
for some reason I've always found SLSK to hate dashes...
if you search "Primordial - To the Nameless Dead" you wont get as good results as if you searched "Primordial To the Nameless Dead", and it's usually worth searching "To the Nameless Dead" even just "Nameless Dead" or "Primordial" on their own, just run multiple search windows.

same thing with the wishlist, give it multiple variations (I've put artist, album, song title, in there, and sometimes artist results come up, sometimes the song in that album, but it didn't give me the whole album too like it should have, etc.

:p I was feeling helpful.

Yeah, diligence in searching is KEY in Soulseek, which absolutely despises ANY KIND OF PUNCTUATION AT ALL. Seriously, put spaces instead of punctuation wherever possible, you should get better results.

p.s. add me (Reqviem) :)

yeah definitely don't use punctuation when searching on Soulseek. I've never had much trouble finding anything on Soulseek. If I absolutely can't find something I just go on a couple days later and end up finding whatever it is I want to hear.

Oh yeah. I have this.

Whenever I get an album I have to upload to iTunes... make sure the songs are correctly named... set the genre to whatever it should be (somehow I managed to get a nile album that was tagged as power metal. wtf)... set the EQ to whatever is appropriate... and search google for the album cover so I know what I'm looking for on my 'pod.

Ah yeah I suppose the covers are cool if you are using an iPod with picture capability...good call! I have an old-gen iPod Mini though so...no graphics for me.

Fucking HELICOPTER though! You guys know what I'm talkin' 'bout!

I use iTunes because I like the way it organizes everything. I have my playlist arranged alphabetically by artist and chronologically by release year. I don't actually know if there's a more practical way to do this within the program, so I had to resort to putting [xxxx] before each album title, where xxxx = year. Another thing that I really like about iTunes is that it's so easy to edit multiple tracks at once. Just highlight the songs you want and push CTRL + i.

Also, I put the country of origin in parentheses after the artist because metal is such an international genre and sometimes I just want to be able to listen to music from a specific country. I also live in the Global Living and Learning Center residence hall on my campus, so other students in the building can access my playlist and search by country as well.

In fact, we're required to attend international themed events as part of the one credit course that we're required to take for each semester that we live there, and I've been thinking about putting together a "Death Metal Around the World" presentation.

.mp3? Never heard of? :p .ogg ftw!

I rip my music using a homemade script that runs cdparanoia and then oggenc. Then I tag them with Easytag which is a fucking awsome program. I have my music in simple directories like ~/musik/<band>/<album>/<song>.ogg then I add them to my XMMS playlist in a long simple list and use the search function when I want to listen to something. Works perfectly.

Also, I put the country of origin in parentheses after the artist because metal is such an international genre and sometimes I just want to be able to listen to music from a specific country. I also live in the Global Living and Learning Center residence hall on my campus, so other students in the building can access my playlist and search by country as well..

I put the country of origin under the "Grouping" category and have it display. I recommend this practice.

I use iTunes because I like the way it organizes everything. I have my playlist arranged alphabetically by artist and chronologically by release year. I don't actually know if there's a more practical way to do this within the program, so I had to resort to putting [xxxx] before each album title, where xxxx = year. Another thing that I really like about iTunes is that it's so easy to edit multiple tracks at once. Just highlight the songs you want and push CTRL + i.

Also, I put the country of origin in parentheses after the artist because metal is such an international genre and sometimes I just want to be able to listen to music from a specific country. I also live in the Global Living and Learning Center residence hall on my campus, so other students in the building can access my playlist and search by country as well.

In fact, we're required to attend international themed events as part of the one credit course that we're required to take for each semester that we live there, and I've been thinking about putting together a "Death Metal Around the World" presentation.
On iTunes there is a field where you can add the year it was released. If you want to add that to what is displayed at the top, right click the grey bar where it says Name, Time, Artist, Album etc. and click Release Date from the menu.

I put the country of origin under the "Grouping" category and have it display. I recommend this practice.
I copied you with this and it's really cool

I've not tried iTunes since I installed it right after buying my first iPod (which is about four years ago or so I'd guess) but at the time I really violently disliked it and nothing has ever moved me to reinstall it since then. I don't know how much it has changed since then, but I am way too much of a control freak to let something like that version iTunes handle my music collection.

I don't really entirely know what this thread is about. I just rip my own music with WMP and if the information isn't filled in automatically (after I check for accuracy) I type it in myself.

BTW at first glance I thought Zephyrus' signature said "Aryan Rage".