mp3.com

Originally posted by HoserHellspawn
Oh, guy.

I'll let Orchid fill you in on the details but the understanding he's given me is that every single last damn thing with mp3.com is a pain in the ass.

That's what it feels like, I wrote a letter to their support and they said "We'll respond in 7 - 10 days"!!!! My fucking God, how can you be that slow?

I was hoping Wars of Winter would help me figure this one out. I wanted to get it up because then people could find it there instead of having to go to dumah.com if they don't want to.

Well let me first say , once you add a song to mp3.com it takes a few weeks to actually get on there , once your song is approved by the mp3.com members than you will be able to activate your page and change everything (how it looks and all) , if you sign up for premium artist your song will be aproved faster (but that cost's more money than it's worth) . But once you song/s are up even if you are the best thing that ever happened to mp3.com it dosen't meen that you'll be up on the top 40 chart the first few days . Heavy promoting is needed . For ex. Sending e-mail's to every person that signed the opeth , in flames , katatonia and other geustbooks . It should be a pain in the ass , if it's not , then your a nutcase . But when you get your songs up there and your cd all made (through mp3.com) then you'll be addicted to promoting your band .

Originally posted by warsofwinter
Well let me first say , once you add a song to mp3.com it takes a few weeks to actually get on there , once your song is approved by the mp3.com members than you will be able to activate your page and change everything (how it looks and all) , if you sign up for premium artist your song will be aproved faster (but that cost's more money than it's worth) . But once you song/s are up even if you are the best thing that ever happened to mp3.com it dosen't meen that you'll be up on the top 40 chart the first few days . Heavy promoting is needed . For ex. Sending e-mail's to every person that signed the opeth , in flames , katatonia and other geustbooks . It should be a pain in the ass , if it's not , then your a nutcase . But when you get your songs up there and your cd all made (through mp3.com) then you'll be addicted to promoting your band .

I'm generally opposed to spaming, but I guess...It works! ;)

I just wish people would to the Dumah site and get it over with. :lol: That's what the entire point is.

mp3.com is a giant pain in the ass. it takes forvever to get yout shit up there. when my band put up our new tracks a few months ago we were about to kill them. then it took a week just to update the fuckin artwork. they approve everything.

i disagree with the spamming thing. I don't like to do it and i don't like to get them. there are olther ways around it, like posting it to message boards, newsgroups etc. people pay attention, if not then oh well. eventually you'll get a prettty mailing list going. keep track of everyone that has ever emailed you about your band and put them on a list. eventually you'll get a good size list going. then when you have news or new tracks, send out an email. also get names at shows and that kind of thing. its a pain and a bit of work and patience but it'll pay off....

np: zyklon world of worms