MP3 Option not working in PT10

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
I recently got a copy of Pro Tools 11 (which comes with Pro Tools 10) for review from Avid, and everything has been running fine except for the fact that in PT10 I cannot for the life of me get the mp3 option to work. I previously had PT 8 LE, which I purchased the mp3 option for, but in PT10 it's supposed to be in there automatically. I guess that the license for the PT 8 mp3 thing caused some sort of problem and now any time I try to bounce an mp3 in PT10 it gives me a dialog stating that I need to install the latest iLok drivers or something, which is weird considering that it shouldn't need to access the iLok for the Mp3 if it's already included in the software. Is there even an iLok driver anymore? It doesn't seem to be available on the ilok site. Has anyone else had this problem? Avid support doesn't really seem to know why this is happening, and I've tried uninstalling the old Mp3 option as well as PT 10 and 11 and reinstalling.

maybe go to the ilok website and download all the latest stuff? and make sure all the previous files from pt8 are uninstalled.

maybe go to the ilok website and download all the latest stuff? and make sure all the previous files from pt8 are uninstalled.

Everything from 8 is definitely uninstalled. I cannot for the life of me seem to find the newest ilok drivers on the ilok site. All I see is iLok License Manager. Maybe I'll uninstall that and reinstall? Is the iLok License Manager a new thing that replaces the drivers?

Finally got it working. For anyone else having this problem, I had to uninstall the License Manager thing and download it again. I guess this replaces the old method where you would download the drivers themselves.

PT makes you purchase the mp3 printing thing/driver/whatever, on top of all the other $ they make you pay for their DAW and upgrades?!? That's insane.

Always wondered why, for Reaper, at least, you needed to download the 'lame.dll' for the mp3 export function and why it wouldn't just be included with the DAW.