PT10 re-installation - need to reinstall all the plugins?

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Hi fellaz,

I'm thinking of uninstalling PT10 and the drivers of my interface which is a Digi003 rack+ because I get crashes, bugs, CPU overloads, impossible to record at lower buffer size than 256... since I switched to the latest iMac 3 months ago. Did everything I could even tried different hard drives (I just bought an external SSD Samsung EVO to record/playback - which is great for this purpose - but it's actually worst than working with the internal HD! Nice isn't it?), tried different interfaces (FW and USB) and tried different things to solve the issues but PT still fucking up.

SO! I want to re-install the drivers and PT. My nOOb question is about all my plugins... Will I also have to re-install them, then re-authorize them, etc.? I'm taling about the non-PT plugins of course (say IK Multimedia, Native, Slate Digital, Waves, Softube, Camel Audio....)

I work on an 2013 Imac running Moutain Lion 10.8.5 and PT 10.3.7.

Depends on the uninstall option you choose, there is an option which basically says Keep all the plugins, settings etc.

Thank you. Did you try this before? I've already installed PT and all my plugins twice when I received my computer and it took a shit load of time, I'd like to be sure that option works nice.