MP3 vs CD

Riotus

Riotusly Extreme!
Jul 9, 2001
North Wales
www.expage.com
Just wondering what you all thought about the above?

I personally still love to buy cd's - ive only had a pc for about a month and as of yet, i dont find much use for MP3's (This may change!!)

So, what do you lot do?

if someone recommends a band, or i am gonna see a band thats supporting another band i will d/l a few songs, then buy the cd if its good enough. i dont like the idea of d/ling music for a price, cds are much better, all we need is unscratchable cds. then they will be perfect. :D

I use MP3s from the net to sample bands I think that I may like the sound of - if I turn out to be right, I'll go out and buy the albums on CD, which I will then invariably rip onto MP3 so I can organise huge playlists according to my mood without switching CDs all the time. As a result, my MP3 collection is growing by the day!

I, too, use .mp3s to preview albums and rip them when I buy them. I mainly do this so I can listen to the music while I'm on my computer at home and at work. Then, I put the CD in my changer to listen to on my stereo. .mp3s do not sound as good as the CD, and I would never pay for an inferior copy.

Both.

MP3's for those one-hit wonders, or old songs that you don't want to search for a whole album for. Of course, a great way to preview a band you've heard about. Also, a great way to get 100 songs on one CD - hours and hours of listening enjoyment on my computer at work.

CD's - obviously, if you like the band, buy the CD. Downloading all your favorite bands music just takes away from your favorite band.

i prefer the real cds so much more. but i find myself out of money alot and sometimes i burn cds or download them. sorry :(
i do buy cds too though... i wish i could buy every cd that i want... just dont have that kind of money though

Nothing beats shopping for a CD, opening it, reading the liner notes, looking at the artwork and spinning the CD! I am not a fan of MP3's...

Well I usually download some songs before I buy cd's, I don't wanna get disappointed or anything. But lately I've been buying cd's without even heard of the band before. Haven't been disappointed ;) I like to buy the cd's because I collect them. And or course because of the artwork and everything.

Actually i would prefer vinyl LPs. Mp3 are good for previewing, but i think one of the magik moments in metal is to take the vinyl out of the cover, place it with care on the pick up and let it roll.

CDs are fine, but nothing is like vinyl.

Originally posted by Melancholia
I concur with metalized about the vinyl thingie...

i don't like mp3s,so i'll say CD.....
even though i prefer vinyls :)
hey you have almost half my posts. a long way to go yet...:lol: :p

Originally posted by _Transparent_
cds are much better, all we need is unscratchable cds. then they will be perfect. :D

Mini-discs are almost unscratchable and skip less due to vibration. I make mix discs like I used to with cassettes. But they never caught on with the buyers and now seem doomed to extinction with everyone burning cds...:bah: