Mr. Bungle

Dec 21, 2003
Sudbury, Canada
Anyone else a fan of the Patton-led genre-blenders? This topic is mainly for discussion of the band. What's your favorite Mr. Bungle album? How did you view their evolution and innovative style?

I loved all three albums, but my favorite was definately the S/T debut. It was an incredibly innovative album at the time. It's their funkiest, most energetic and consistent. Disco Volante was amazing, but I thought the over-experimental nature of the album led to some boring moments (The Bends in particular), as well as some that didn't gell. California was a suitable final album, but was a bit too light-hearted and relaxing to be of quite the same caliber of their S/T. So there you have my opinion; all three albums are amazing, but the S/T is easily my personal favorite. What do you think?

The S/T is my favourite. Songs like "Egg", "Squeeze Me Macaroni", "Slowly Growing Deaf" and "Quote Unquote" are quality listening material for a night of blazing and playing video games, that if everyone else can stand to listen to them.

I like California the best. It's the first one I heard and was really freaked out when I heard it. I thought it was too weird. Then after subsequent listens it grew on me and I love it. I then purchased the other two but still like California the most.

I post a lot of news concerning Mike Patton stuff in the Faith No More forum here on UM so check it out. He's said that Mr. Bungle is over though for the person who was wondering about that. :erk:

I have still only heard California, which I love.

And I call myself a Patton fan... :erk: