Mr. Bungle & Tomahawk

Tomahawk is more "normal" than Mr.Bungle, weird rock, closer to Faith No More than Mr. Bungle if compared to Patton's other bands. I recommend Fantomas, they're my favorite Patton project. Really weird stuff like Mr.Bungle but heavier and more metal.

Mr Bungle had 3 major label albums, they are all 100% different. The s/t is mostly funk metal with a lot of ska and weird ambient moments. Disco Volante is very avant garde and jazzy, very experimental. The vocals are mostly noises and the songs aren't really songs... more like soundscapes. Some of the songs are jokes too, like After School Special and Everyone I Went to High School with is Dead.
California is a fusion of old styles of pop like the Beach Boys and even funk at times. It flows the best, but it's also the most easily digestible and easiest to get bored of. All three are excellent albums... but the s/t or California are the best.

Tomahawk doesn't really sound like Mr Bungle at all, more like Jesus Lizard than anything else... except the newest Tomahawk has a lot more experimentation and electronics.

Mike Patton's just a genious that makes wacky music. You know Mushroomhead right? Well they sound alot like Tomahawk.

when the fuckm is patton gonna gonna get off his ass and do another Bungle record. IT's been like four years damnit, I though theyyhf7ml'
nkippjbhyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikksfsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbdnm nm

giod I'm drunk..

the last announcement i heard about a month ago from patton was that mr bungle is now defunct, and he just doing tomahawk, one more fantomas album and some more peeping tom stuff ..
basically mr bungle stuff is like this -
self titled .. more funky, upbeat, how the chilli peppers should have been ..
disco volante - one of the most truly fucked albums ever written, has every single style of music on there from waltz, eastern, death/black/grind, hardcore, techno, ambient and everything .. amazing, bit of a tough listen, bit disjointed in places nearer the end, but still amazing ..
california - the most chilled of the 3, bit of a disappointment at first after loving DV for so long, but the songs are unbelievable, and there is so much covered in there, but definitely more chilled ..

basically, i would say get them all, they will open you up to styles you never thought you would like, immense records