Mr. Mister Connection?

thopman

New Metal Member
Aug 30, 2004
OK, this is my first post here, and I am an Enchant "newbie", having only discovered the band recently. So be gentle . . .

I really like Enchant and have been enjoying the TOW album the last few weeks, and I had a question for the band.

The song "See No Evil" is one of my favorites on TOW, and it strongly reminds me of the old 1980's band "Mr. Mister", with Richard Page on vocals. This is a *good* thing, in my opinion, as MM were a great, if understated, prog band of that era. They tended to get lumped in a "pop" category, but some of their stuff had a tasty, Enchant-like quality to it.

Was Ted influenced by MM on this song (or in general)? I'd love to compare notes on this.

Thanks, and count me as your newest fan!

--Terry

Holy crap! And I was JUST listening to 'Welcome to The Real World' here at work yesterday! Freaky..... :loco:

(I thought their follow-up album had some great tunes on it like DUST and The Border, and STAND AND DELIVER...)

StocktontoMalone said:
Kyrie, and Broken Wings seemed poppy to me....unless I'm missing something..:tickled:

Also, did you know that Richard was the first choice to replace Cetera in Chicago?

Yes, and also to replace Bobby Kimball in Toto. Great singer (not unlike Ted)!

Yeah, they kind of straddled between the pop side and the prog side. I really liked Kyrie, but not so much Broken Wings.

Some of their stuff, though, is really good. Especially their 2nd and 3rd (last) albums. It was rumored that their fourth album, Push, was to be even more "prog", but it was never finished/released (and probably never will be).

They are not the most wildly progressive, but they had a lot of that sensibility and quality-of-composition, etc.

Sorry to go so OT. Just wanted to see if Ted, Doug and the guys were into MM at all . . .

--Terry